UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Master of the Whingey Cat.
7,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a couple of videos of Spooks on our first encounter last night, and they made me quite emotional.

I was told that he was aggressive, and as soon as I went in it became apparent that he was simply terrified to have been brought into a shelter. It must have been so confusing for him.

Anyway, he seemed to warm to me straight away. I know it sounds cheesy, but I knew that he was mine.

Here's the first video (I think he looks quite frightened in it, and it makes me sad :():
[youtube_browser]gOvVmdmgppk[/youtube_browser]
And the second, a couple of moments later, where he decided to have a chat with me:
[youtube_browser]mtqUbTfQVaw[/youtube_browser]

As you can see, he wasn't at all aggressive with me. I feel he trusted me from the start :001_wub:

And, just to contrast, here he was a couple of nights ago, having a lot of fun with a hair bobble-
[youtube_browser]SxFvGZBM8Bc[/youtube_browser]
It's hard to believe he's the same cat!

·
Registered
4,034 Posts
Remarkable progress in the short time :D

I am forever "losing" hair bobbles, as Harry enjoys playing with them as much as Spooks does :p

Congratulations on your excellent slave duties :D

·
7,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Remarkable progress in the short time :D

I am forever "losing" hair bobbles, as Harry enjoys playing with them as much as Spooks does :p

Congratulations on your excellent slave duties :D
Why thank you! I'm so proud of how far he's come :001_wub:

And hair bobbles- what on earth is so appealing about them?! :laugh:

·
7,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Great videos showing what an excellent job you have done with gorgeous boy :thumbup::thumbup: He is a credit to you Jordan :thumbup:
Thank you, Lynn! What a lovely thing to say :eek: And to think- I was very close to being turned down :rolleyes:

I'm so happy to have my boy now, and wouldn't change him for anyone :)

·
Owned by 4 cats :)
4,206 Posts
You can tell Spooks knew that you were the slave for him and knew he would be spoilt with you. So lovely to see the difference in him xx

·
7,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You can tell Spooks knew that you were the slave for him and knew he would be spoilt with you. So lovely to see the difference in him xx
Thank you! He's most certainly spoilt now- my friends and family find it most amusing :eek:

·
Registered
8,587 Posts
amazing, those videos made me cry!! he was so thin and unloved back then :(, just look at him now!!! :001_wub:

you and spooks belong together forever Jordan!! x

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
Oh, he does look so scared in the first video but the bit in the second where he turns those huge trusting blue eyes on you... It was meant to be!

Simba is VERY confused by the Siamese cat noises coming from my phone... :)

·
7,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you- I'm so glad that I can talk to people who truly understand. He means so much to me, and it's now hard to imagine life without him shouting at me, or sprawled out on my knee :001_wub:

Do you know why he was put in the rescue centre in the first place ?
He came in as he was not getting along with his cat friends. They were stressing him out to the point that he was pulling out his fur. If you look carefully, in the second video you can see a few bald spots on his back where he'd been plucking :(

He's now looking a lot healthier and is very happy- he was even having a nice chat with a cat last night, as she was sat on our wall. He didn't seem at all tense or threatened by her. I love seeing him progress so well :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.