Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

What a day

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by Deleted member 1512246, Dec 11, 2020.

1. Yesterday my cat was at the vets, the vet done nothing except have a chat with me. Today my cat decides to eat a bit of this and a bit of that and make it known my cat is angry with me.

So today's menu:-

Breakfast - A little bit of Lamb and Pork raw food with Felini then my cat refused to eat it (about half a bowl).
    Lunch - A little bit of raw mixed game no premix and then decided that my cat didn't want it (when I say little I mean a few chunks).
    Tea- A little bit of dry food and then refused to eat it which I had to hand feed for my cat to eat it (about 5 or 10g).

I hope I am not wrong doing this but I have removed all food stuffs until tomorrow and I am hoping we are back to normal?

My cat has quite literally giving me the cold shoulder, won't lay on my lap or even come for any attention and is sleeping now, my cat did have a brief play time earlier but not very long. I am leaving my cat alone to have the strop my cat is in but hopefully tomorrow things will be back to normal?

My cat has never sulked like this before but I guess it's my fault for taking my cat to the vets yesterday.

2. SbanR

SbanR PetForums VIP

Does your cat have a name????

3. Jasper
    Screenshot_20201211-180918~2.png

SbanR likes this.
  4. Jenbob21

Jenbob21 PetForums Member

I would leave him some food overnight it seems a long time to leave him with nothing. He might feel like eating more when the house is quiet if he is still a little upset

5. SbanR

SbanR PetForums VIP

6. I did leave some dry food out overnight but this was eaten before Jasper and I went to bed.

7. This morning Jasper ate breakfast no problem. But has had a good go at mowing last night due to no collar being on, so we are back to square one. :(

8. chillminx

chillminx PetForums VIP

There is obviously something wrong, something irritating his skin or upsetting him. The "sulking" is how cats deal with pain or stress. Just because it was not apparent to the vet that he is unwell or unhappy does not mean your cat is 100% well or 100% happy with his life. The stripping of his fur is testimony to that. And living in a restrictive collar for weeks must be horrible for him.

I wouldn't deny him food, there is no point and it is not kind. Just leave some dry food down and let him eat it overnight if he wants.

I don't understand why he can't be allowed a break from the raw food diet for a while? I have often heard of cases of raw fed cats going off a raw diet. Who knows why? But once the cat was switched to a wet food diet they were fine and got back their appetite.

Your cat needs to have some control over what he will eat. He has made it clear he does not want any raw food at present, and is only eating it under sufferance to try and please you. Please, please take note of what he is telling you.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice