Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

What a day

Discussion in 'Dog Shows and Events' started by Freyja, Jun 6, 2010.

1. Freyja

Freyja PetForums VIP

It started of badly with Simba attacking his dad. There was no reason what so ever I was just getting them ready to go out and he flew at Owen. I pulled him off and ufortunatlely Owen went back at him and bit me too They were seperated and put into the car in seperate cages. Owne is ok but Simba has a couple of puncture wounds on his neck. I wasn't going to show him anyway as he wasn't quite sound he was just going for a day out.

Amber was 5th in a big post grad class I was pleased with her as she behaved a lot better than normal. I then told the steward I wouldn't be taking Simba in. The judge came to me and told me to still take him in even though he was lame as there was only 3 in his class. So he came home with 3rd. I thanked the judge afterwards and he said he is a lovely dog and he would love to see him when he is sound He siad by putting him on the table it was showing him that he doesn't always get messed about when on the table. Owen eventualy went into a big veteran class but didn't get anything.

While I was waiting for veteran a friend asked me to show her pointer as she has had an operation and couldn't run her. I said she could stand her and I would move her. We won junior then another friend asked me to run her pointer in open. He too won his class. I then had a problem with 2 dogs to run in best of breed. Someone else volunteered to run the dog he got best of breed. I then had to run him in the group and he got group 3 which gave him his final points for his show certifcate of merit. The pointer judge laughed and siad they were obviously trying to kill me off.

#1 Freyja, Jun 6, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2010
  2. brackensmom

brackensmom PetForums VIP

wow you have had a busy day, hope you are ok and owen and Simba are ok too.

3. dexter

dexter PetForums VIP

lol well done where you been?. I went to a club ch show today and got 1st in Grad and 2nd in pg so qualified . lol

4. Freyja

Freyja PetForums VIP

We were at an open show at Crewe.

Owen is fine he can look after himself. Simba has 2 puncture wound on the under side of his neck so hopefully they will drain and keep clean and heal with just a bathing. I have a puncture wound on my thumb and first finger but I would imagine they will be ok. I'm not worried about me as long as the boys are ok.

#4 Freyja, Jun 6, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2010
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice