UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well today turned out to be busy! We had organised to meet a friend and climb up the "highest chalk hill in hampshire"- Walbury hill... We had a 7 mile walk planned so we met at 8.30am. Rusty was very excited!

The views from the start were gorgeous...

Untitled by Tessmess85, on Flickr

It was so quiet and peaceful. Although I could hear a lot of pheasants and was a bit worried Rusty might get carried away...
Anyway, we were soon ready to start walking up the start of the Wayfarers Walk...

I shouldn't of worried about Rusty- he was very well behaved... his recall was excellent and I couldn't fault him. We continued our walk down into Inkpen and saw some lovely houses and one with this beautiful pond-

We then began our climb back up the hill and got closely followed by some sheep (!) both dogs seemed worried...

We finished our walk with a slippery climb up to the top to see the Gibbet-

Apparently two dogs had killed 8 sheep on the hill earlier this year :-( We kept a close eye on the dogs and sheep but they were the otherside (probably 500m away) of the hill and our dogs aren't interested in sheep. I kept Rusty near to me and all was fine!

In the end we got back to the car... tired boy...

We got home and my brother had turned up... he also wanted to go on a walk! So, I gave Rusty his lunch (lamb neck!) and had a bacon sarnie myself.. waited an hour and we were off again. This time up Watership down from Kingsclere. Rusty was tired but he was fine, we only did 3-4 miles so nothing to long. He did manage to skin the back of his foot but that will heal. He is now fast asleep in front of the fire!

Hope you have all had an equally good day with your dogs :)

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks :) I do like taking photos! We had a lovely day... still trying to get all the burs Rusty collected in the undergrowth out of his coat though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.