Welcome!

Welcome to PetForums, the UK's most popular and friendly pet owners community. Please 'Sign Up' if you'd like to take part and contribute to our forum.

What’s wrong with my snake?

Discussion in 'Snakes' started by Arabella snake, Nov 8, 2018.

1. Arabella snake

Arabella snake PetForums Newbie

my female 1 year old bp has this weird thing on her stomach can someone help? It’s a pink patch on her stomach. It’s loose skin, like before they shed. Some of it came off, it’s not scales underneath. It’s just her flesh. Also, there are small patches of blood. Somebody’s help!

Attached Files:

2. Teddy-dog

Teddy-dog PetForums VIP

It’s hard to tell from that pic as it’s not very clear (though I am on my phone..). Could be scale rot starting, it could be a burn. How do you monitor the temperatures?

Either way, I’d take her to a vet so they can tell you exactly what’s going on and help you treat it.

3. Arabella snake

Arabella snake PetForums Newbie

Ok thank you. I think it’s a burn. Her thermostat is a bit sketchy. It read quite low, but when I touched it, it was burning. We’ve put her in cool water to help soothe. I’ll get her to a vet ASAP. Thanks very much.

4. Teddy-dog

Teddy-dog PetForums VIP

Do you have a proper stat attached to her mat to control the temperature? If you do it shouldn’t let the mat get that hot, if it doesn’t it isn’t working correctly. Also, as your BP gets bigger it’s advisable to get a heat lamp instead of a mat. As pythons have such big bodies they can create hot spots on mats that can lead to overheating.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice