Welcome!

Welcome to PetForums, the UK's most popular and friendly pet owners community. Please 'Sign Up' if you'd like to take part and contribute to our forum.

What’s on your wishlist?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by McKenzie, Nov 8, 2018.

1. McKenzie

McKenzie PetForums VIP

If you’re anything like me there’s always doggy stuff that you absolutely NEED ;)

I’ve splurged a bit in the past week, ordering McKenzie a drying coat and a bunch of grooming supplies (but I justify it by claiming they will pay for themselves in the long run!)

Ive got my eye on a couple of collars (it’s an addiction I tell you) and Kenzie desperately needs a new donut bed as hers is really old and grotty (Elliot prefers the sofa :rolleyes:).

What’s on your wishlist?

2. Fleur

Fleur Vassal to Lilly and Ludo

I've recently ordered 2 new treat toys, 4 new fleeces, a Christmas jumper and a new harness - so I need to step away from doggie wish lists immediately!!!!
    I really wish I could take Ludo to classes without Lilly having a complete meltdown that he is gone (would love to do Hoopers and/or scentwork and maybe rally with him) - but sadly for now at least I have to leave it.

McKenzie and SusieRainbow like this.
  3. McKenzie

McKenzie PetForums VIP

McKenzie is usually Miss Independent, but the other day Elliot had obedience class on Halloween. I didn’t want to leave Kenzie on her own in case she got stressed by people knocking on the door, so I took her to obedience and left her in the car. Turns out that was NOT acceptable and she let me (and everyone in the vicinity) know about it!

ETA Sorry I meant to quote you @Fleur!

Lexiedhb and Fleur like this.
  4. Kimmikins

Kimmikins PetForums VIP

I want to get Fidge a custom harness, Sara a new coat, and both of them new tags. And new beds :D

Fleur likes this.
  5. kittih

kittih PetForums VIP

A dog to buy stuff for :)

rona, Kimmikins and Fleur like this.
  6. Torin.

Torin. PetForums VIP

Cad's recent got a few bits and bobs I've been wanting for him for a while. Not disclosing the details though as it might help my SS guess who their sender was...

I've ordered Cad a Zero DC short harness in a specific colour from K9 Trailtime. That's coming in with the rest of their order from the company in a few weeks (as they don't keep all colour options of all harness in stock, nor do backordering to be up front). As they don't have it yet I've not paid for it yet, so that probably counts here haha!

Fleur likes this.
  7. Burrowzig

Burrowzig PetForums VIP

I wouldn't mind an agility training field with a full set of equipment. And a substantial private income.

Sarah H and Fleur like this.
  8. steveshanks

steveshanks PetForums VIP

We just bought a new Ruffwear harness and spontaneously bought a tweed Wainwrights lead just cos it matched my cap LOL

9. Apollo2012

Apollo2012 PetForums VIP

I may have bought Apollo a new collar and some new toys to destroy as a present for being so good about moving house :oops:

10. Katalyst

Katalyst A Lanky Lurcher and a Delinquent Dobermann

Weight pulling harnesses... decent x-back type jobbies.
    More fancy collars.
    Some nice leads because whilst the dogs both have some half decent collars, I mostly walk them on old horse lead ropes :Hilarious
    I've also promised them really decent new beds next year.

11. 3dogs2cats

3dogs2cats PetForums VIP

A Tankie type fleece coat that I could get my old girl into with ease! had zip put in equafleece tankie but still useless!

12. Animallover26

Animallover26 I am me.

A garden for Bungo ..........

JoanneF and Katalyst like this.
  13. Fleur

Would a velcro opening along the back be better?
    I have a coat with a zip along the back for Ludo but because he is really fluffy it just catches.
    Wondering if any of the smaller companies could do Velco?

3dogs2cats likes this.
  14. 3dogs2cats

3dogs2cats PetForums VIP

That would be ideal. With hindsight I should have found someone local who does dressmaking/alterations/repairs and asked to the add a zip down the whole of the Tankie or indeed Velcro. I thought we`d be ok with the zip equafleece put in but sadly no:(

15. picaresque

picaresque Mongrelist

Don't know if this is any help but here's a fleece coat which opens at the back with velcro, they can be hard to get hold of depending on size although they do appear on ebay now and then being sold individually by non-business sellers (this is how I got an extra large for my big boy)
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ancol-Mu...m=390724547526&_trksid=p2045573.c100033.m2042

Another suggestion although this one does have a zip fastener - don't know if that's a total no-no or not
    https://www.hyperdrug.co.uk/WeatherBeeta-Fleece-Zip-Dog-Coat-Black_Boysenberry/productinfo/WBFLEZIB/

3dogs2cats likes this.
  16. Fleur

17. Lexiedhb

Lexiedhb Team Ginger!

It's always been an Ella's lead collar,but he's such a hippo I reckon he'd ruin it......

Fleur likes this.
  18. 3dogs2cats

3dogs2cats PetForums VIP

Thank you both @picaresque and @Fleur for the links to possible coats. The problem is unfortunately she now has to wear her lifting harness on every outing just in case I have to help her. Tried putting her normal fleece coat on but it bulks up around her legs and that is the last thing I want! Tried the Tankie because it seemed like a skin fit, and it does fit lovely under the harness but just to difficult to get on her even with zip. I shall check out your suggestions, thank you very much for them.

picaresque and Fleur like this.
  19. paddyjulie

paddyjulie PetForums VIP

Cupboards so I store all my balancing stuff !!

20. rona

rona Still missing my boys

Same :Bawling

kittih likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice