Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

We've won some agility equipment!! Where can we use it?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Eroswoof, Apr 5, 2011.

1. Eroswoof

Eroswoof Guest

I entered a competition agesss ago and tonight I got an email saying we'd won £150 worth of gubbins :D

There's weave poles, a tyre jump, 2 hurdles and a tunnel.

I've not got too big a garden...do you think it'd be silly to take it to a quiet park or to the beach maybe? Would it be legal? :yikes: I'm useless with things like that :lol:

Em
    xx

EDIT - seriously, until this year I thought that beaches were closed at night :lol:

2. babycham2002

babycham2002 PetForums VIP

wow congratulations
    dont see why you cant set it up somewhere quiet although you'd have to be careful of the legalities of someone else using it with you, they'd have to sign a dislaimer :lol:

3. Eroswoof

Eroswoof Guest

No one else is using it :yikes: MY equipment :lol: :lol:

pmsl I don't really know anyone so it's not an issue :lol:

xxxxxxx

4. jetsmum

jetsmum PetForums VIP

Lucky you:thumbup: I'm going to get some bits that I can take to the field with us and set them up somewhere out of the way. I can't see a problem, if they're not causing an obstruction to anyone.

5. bird

bird PetForums VIP

I've seen someone nearby that sometimes sets her stuff up in a quiet corner of the fields. Careful though, you'll end up with an audience. :D

6. Eroswoof

Eroswoof Guest

I thought about you and Jet as soon as I got the email :eek:

I think I could get one piece in the garden with enough space for him to use it but not the rest so it'd have to be field or beach aye. I could find an out of the way corner and such. Hmmm :lol:

Em
    xx

7. frosty2010

frosty2010 PetForums Member

Well done :D

should be fine especially on the beach just don't let anyone else use it because it anything happens to them or their dog they would probs seek compensation :s

8. You could perhaps start off in the carden - you don't need that much space, then when you outgrow the garden you could look for somewhere else!
    Cumbria has plenty of space! sure Paddyjulie will put you up!:D

9. Eroswoof

Eroswoof Guest

It hadn't occurred to me about anyone elses dog getting hurt on it :yikes:

I'm really grateful you've all mentioned that :thumbup:

I think I'll try and take it to the beach when it's cacky weather :lol:

It's brilliant timing too because we only started agility 3 weeks ago *runs round in excited circles* :lol:

Em
    xx

10. frosty2010

frosty2010 PetForums Member

I bet your dog looks so sweet doing agility (especially if its the one in your profile pic)

11. Tigerneko

Tigerneko PetForums VIP

omg you lucky beggar!!

what type of stuff is it? Is it wooden or plastic?

Well if you're not sure what to do with it, i'm sure I can make use of it :thumbup: :D

12. jetsmum

jetsmum PetForums VIP

Join the queue:001_smile:

13. Eroswoof

Eroswoof Guest

He looks like a tumble weed :lol: And yeah, he's the only dog for me :001_wub:

It's really good looking stuff :yikes:

It wasn't a zooplus competition, I just filled a form in at a dog show , 50 words about why Bumby should win :lol:

it's this stuff

Agility Tire Jump: Great Deals on Dog Sport Equipment at zooplus

Agility Hurdle Set: Dog Sport Equipment at zooplus

Great deals on dog agility products at zooplus: Agility Fun & Sport Slalom Set

anndddd

Great deals on dog agility products at zooplus: Agility Fun & Sport Tunnel Chute

I never win ANYTHING - I swear everything good that happens to me is due to that noisy little fur ball :lol: :eek:

Em
    xx

14. babycham2002

babycham2002 PetForums VIP

and what were the 50 words?
    xxx

Percy send kisses :smile:

15. paddyjulie

paddyjulie PetForums VIP

i was gunna ask that :lol: :lol: you beat me to it :D:D

16. Eroswoof

Eroswoof Guest

:lol: I can't remember AT all :lol: I was just saying that to my friend! I've no idea what I wrote :lol:

:blush: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx :blush:

17. Hey! don't let these two sweet talkya! you can come and play in my garden if ya like! and we can store it for you too - save you having to lug it around!
    lol
    DT
    xx

18. Eroswoof

Eroswoof Guest

pmsl :lol: Next door have got a much bigger garden than me, I might wait until they go to bed and go and set it up :lol: :yikes:

Em
    xx

19. paddyjulie

paddyjulie PetForums VIP

:lol: i can just picture ya :yikes: :yikes: :lol:

20. Tigerneko

Tigerneko PetForums VIP

aaaah the tunnel & the weave poles are the same as mine.... they are great!

Only thing i'd say about the tunnel is that the blue bit is a bit short, and the red collapsible bit (which you can velcro on/off) is VERY long - it's nearly the same length of my lawn lol it's great though! Tiger got tangled up inside it a few times so you might wanna stick a couple of tent pegs (you get plenty with the tunnel) through the bottom end, just to secure the end into the ground & stop it from blowing around :)

The weaves are great, they're just a good height and you get absoloutely loads of them :lol:

hmmmm DT & Jetsmum I think you're gonna have a fight on your hands soon :nono:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice