Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

We've had a ovey day!

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by ballybee, Apr 7, 2011.

1. ballybee

ballybee PetForums VIP

As the title says, we went to Kirkcaldy this morning for OH to get some gun related stuff, we ended up going for an impromptu 40min walk in a lovely big park(offlead), OH got his gun stuff and we went to PAH for Tummel, he now has a new extreme kong(he had a puppy one but he needed a new one), a rubber grooming mit(he's very hard to groom, we have a slicker brush and wide tooth comb but he has a lot of fur and is moulting), a tray of duck and rice natures harvest for being so good in the park(OH doesn't come on walks off the farm often so this was a treat for him seeing how good Tum can be) and...a squeaky ball!

While i was waiting to pay for the stuff i noticed a load of toys at a reduced prices(local PAH aways has something reduced by the tills). The sign said balls and squeaky bones so i picked up a yellow rubber ball(didn't think to squeeze it) for £1 and came out feeling chuffed as Tummel doesn't have a ball i'll let him sit and chew(his other one is a hard rubber covered in felt...also reduced from PAH :D )...got to the car with a treat(local PAH always has a wee tub of treats sitting by the till), threw in the ball and SQUEAK!

This shouldn't be inportant but it is...Tummels never had any squeaky toy...ever! He absolutely loves it, he keeps picking it up, dropping it and rolling on it to make it squeak :confused: lol i then spent an hour in the garden with him playing fetch with the squeaky ball, then he had his natures harvest and kibble when we came in(he didn't have breakfast so got a lunch instead) and he's been asleep for about an hour now...he played with the ball himself after eating! :tongue_smilie:

Going to buy a new xbox soon...after that going for another 30min roughly walk and that'll be him for the day :rolleyes:

I do realise there was no point to this thread as i have no pics but i felt it would be nice to share Tummels lovely day!

P.S....sorry for the title...my L button is a bit hit and miss today(need a new laptop)

2. Dogless

Dogless PetForums VIP

Did wonder what an ovey day was!!

Glad you had a good day...you will regret the squeaky toy. Kilo loves them and can happily chew and squeak for aaages...usually when the only thing that you have sat down to watch on TV all week is on :rolleyes:

3. Doolally

Doolally PetForums Senior

you'll regret that soon! Alf has Kong squeaker balls as he can't fit normal tennis balls comfortably in his mouth, he loves the sound of his own squeak, we often get other dogs in the park running over because he just squeaks his ball constantly!! (thankfully the squeak eventually gives up :D)

4. sunshine80

sunshine80 PetForums VIP

Sounds like a lovely day - I agree that you may regret the squeaky ball though. Sonny can desqueak most balls and toys within a few minutes but I got him a JW one online and he loves it and it has lasted him ages - unfortunately it has a really load squeek so the one ball I could do with him desqueeking and he has not managed it yet :smile: I try not to go to may local PAH too often now it is reopen as I always end up buying loads.

5. ballybee

ballybee PetForums VIP

lol the ball is lying on the floor and Tummels asleep...guess i have a wonky dog :D:D:D he gets a fright when it squeaks then gets excited its so funny :p

Also i was able to make a wee list of things for the puppy...i already have a crate and a puppy bed so just toys :D:D:D wooo lol i'm not going to overdo it though Tummel now has his kong, a nylabone(bit worse for wear but he loves it...the only toy he's had since we got him still alive), his rope tuggy toy thingy(only gets when we're playing tug as he eats it otherwise), his squeaky ball and a special, only comes out for fetch ball. He also has 3 bones but pup isn't getting any until he's teethed!

#5 ballybee, Apr 7, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2011
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice