UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi my rabbits have a double 5ft hutch and a 9ft run the problem I am having is one of them loves being in tge run and her feet and ears ( from trailing on tge floor ) are constantly Wet does anywhere know we're I can put plastic covering for the run

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
I got one off eBay, search for clear tarpaulin, and they have eyelets thst mean you can cable tie it to the hutch. Mines about three years old and just starting to look a bit tatty. But it's used all year long.

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
:) I thought we were talking about the winter & autumn rain.....my hutch is covered in the clear tarpaulin which can extend over the run when it is raining....when it is sunny you simply fold it back. My frenchies get wet tips to their ears from when they go out in the \Runaround after its been raining, don't know what you can do about it really if the floor is wet, and it doesn't seem to bother them

·
Registered
340 Posts
I had a cover thing made for my run last year,it's like a wooden frame with corrugated plastic stuff attached to it,which lays on top of my run,but I doubled the size of my run this year and even though we had a wet summer,I kept the cover on and they had half shelter and half in the open,which has been ok,but I'm finding that now its raining more,they are getting wet,so today I found some green tarpauline,and attached it to the open half,I tied it with little bits of string all round and it covered the sides too,so the wind won't rattle through as much. I'd like some of the clear stuff but haven't got round to getting it yet,but what iv done today will do for the time being and hopefully I won't have any soggy bunnies! :p

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.