Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Wet food

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by smegs1978, Aug 13, 2009.

1. smegs1978

smegs1978 PetForums Junior

Is wet food really that bad for Barney. I currently feed him tinned food from ASDA with mixer biscults. I was also given a trial pack of pro plan from his puppy classes, however he really doesn't like it.

I also can't it locally, i can however get Bakers, is this any good?

Barney is 15 weeks BTW.

2. ad_1980

ad_1980 PetForums VIP

Don't get bakers....its like smarties for dogs! Not good for them. Hardly any meat or nutritional stuff in there! Sadly my parents feed my dogs on Bakers and i have no say in the matter really....

3. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

Do you have a petshop local to you?

If you wish to feed wet, then id recommend something like Natruediet. Most supermarket brands are low quality, full of sugars, cereals and chemicals. Avoid Bakers like the plague.

When looking at what to feed, try to make sure that meat is the first ingredient, and avoid anything with derivatives.

Are you on a budget at all?

4. Badger's Mum

Badger's Mum PetForums VIP

My jrt has baker's and his fine on it. the springer goes off his head on it:rolleyes:. If your dog doing well on what your feeding why change?

5. LostGirl

LostGirl PetForums VIP

i think to be honest you'd be better off with the asda tinned and mixer biscuits rather then put him on bakers

Bakers is the maccy d's of the dog world full of junk but tastes nice! it can make dogs hyper

Have you thought about buying on one or asking a local pet shop if they can get a better dry (if you want to feed dry) like james welbeloved, arden grange, burns e.t.c and wet food the best i think is Natures diet and ive heard chappie is pretty good :)

6. CheekoAndCo

CheekoAndCo PetForums VIP

Don't change to bakers. Cheeko was on it for years and he was always stealing stuff and being hyper but I changed him onto James Wellbeloved and there's a huge improvment. He's still got energy but not in a hyper way and doesn't steal anything. He won't eat it without a bit of wet food in it. I either use JWB or Nature Diet.

7. Spaniel mad

Spaniel mad PetForums VIP

I recommend Nature Diet

After speaking on this site i have changed all my dogs to it now and they love it

8. smegs1978

smegs1978 PetForums Junior

I prefer wet food over dry.

I am on a budget as with having 3 children, 2 cats and a dog to feed, however the budget for food can stretch to about £5 a week for the dog. At the moment ASDA food is £2.54 for 6 cans which lasts him 6 days.

I am going pets at home later so will have a look to see what they have.

9. Nonnie

Nonnie PetForums VIP

I think Naturediet is about 75p a packet, and you dont need the mixer biscuit.

He would need approx 3/4 to 1 pack a day, so max price would be £5.25 a week.

10. Spaniel mad

Spaniel mad PetForums VIP

Mine were on pets at home tinned but they stopped making them as good as they used to

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice