Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Wet food rotation?

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by KoolK, Aug 29, 2020.

1. KoolK

KoolK ❤️ Snowy's Mommy ❤️

What's your cats food rotation like?

Do you rotate with only complete wet foods, or do you add in supplementary food too?

Do you feed one flavour a day, or a different flavour at every meal?

Do you feed large tins, small tins, trays or pouches?

Curious to know as I'm making some changes to Snowy's food :)

2. ChaosCat

ChaosCat PetForums VIP

I rotate complete wet foods and supplemented home made. Annie gets two brands and two flavours every day, repeated to finish the can, and different ones for the next days. As she eats all the wet foods I offer her I rotate about 7 brands and all the available flavours.

I usually have the 400g cans. Half goes into the feeder and half into the fridge. Annie is being free fed. She finishes the 200g over the day and gets 200g of a different brand and flavour in the evening.
    Sometimes, when there was a good offer, I get 200g cans. As she eats between 350 and 400g per day pouches don’t make much sense.

KoolK and Summercat like this.
  3. Summercat

Summercat PetForums VIP

I am probably not doing it the most economical way but for two cats this is my general method:
    I feed pouches, smaller tins, trays and tetra packs.
    Once a day, complete raw. (I buy the raw premade and frozen)

The food is normally all complete but once in a while, I give a snack food like Almo Nature Alternative tins or Gosbi. I also occasionally boil chicken, pork or turkey and give shredded with broth.

I feed a few different brands of complete food but the main are Meowing Heads, Almo Nature, Farmina and Monge.

I give a different food at each meal.

Usually I give about three meals but I open fresh food to leave out overnight, so then around four if including overnight.

Meals are not structured.

KoolK likes this.
  4. Charity

Charity Endangered Species

I stick to a variety of complete foods generally, pouches, tins or trays and feed a different brand at each meal per day. They have three meals a day plus a small snack at lunchtime.

Being fussy and only eating mainly shredded food, Bunty has Thrive, Canagan, Seriously Good, Sainsburys Delicious and a fishy one of Simpsons. Toppy eats anything so he has more variety so as well as what Bunty eats, he gets any Simpsons variety, Naturo, Meowing Heads,

The only one I feed more than once a day is Simpsons as they are 200g tins. :Cat

#4 Charity, Aug 30, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2020
    KoolK and Treaclesmum like this.
  5. Treaclesmum

Treaclesmum PetForums VIP

Jumpy and Pudding will eat a bit of Simpsons Chicken and Pumpkin, but not the other 2 cats. He and Pixie also sometimes like Catz FF. It would be great if all 4 cats liked those 2 brands and then I could just buy 200g cans which could be cheaper than lots of different trays and pouches!!

So currently they get Catessy Pate and Miamor Pate and then for dinner Wellness Core pouches. For lunch today I added some Applaws Chicken and Pumpkin which they all enjoy.

KoolK likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice