Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

wet food going to waste

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by kitties, Aug 18, 2009.

1. kitties

kitties PetForums Senior

ive bought kitten food for my pregnant cat, and allowing my other cat to eat it cos shes not been well so thought it would do her good. ive also been using their normal stuff as well, but have introduced a better quality dry food. (pets at home dry and jw dry) they both love that. They are hardly touching the wet, and this is between both of them. The pregnant one likes the moisture and licks off the jelly, and other one does eat a bit but hardly any. Does this mean they are getting enough with the dry?

2. KittyKat1

KittyKat1 PetForums Member

They would be getting enough nutrients from a good quality dry food but they might not like the change in wet food (if they were eating normally before)
    I would try a different brand of wet food.

3. TheBre363

TheBre363 PetForums Newbie

Some cats just don't like wet food, my kitty sure doesn't! :) Have you tried introducing it a little bit at a time by mixing it with their dry food? I'd say try that if you haven't already and see if they go for it.

4. Summer1098

Summer1098 PetForums Senior

Ditto. There's nothing wrong if your cat doesn't like wet food.

5. kitties

kitties PetForums Senior

They always had wet food as their main diet, and just go cat out in case they were peckish. once i joined here i realised go cat was rubbish, so are most wet foods with 4% meat content, so I changed the dry food to the good stuff and they love it, but they arent very interested in the wet food anymore. Thought it was a bit sudden for them to go off it straight away, they still like Tuna, but arent eating all the wet, I guess they are getting enough from the dry food just seemed sudden for them to change over so quick, plus I hear so many on here not recommending dry , so wanted to give them both.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice