Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Westie bad breath bleeding gums

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by Lucylu74, Jul 14, 2019.

1. Lucylu74

Lucylu74 PetForums Newbie

Hi,
    I have a male westie who will be 3 in November. In January he had his teeth cleaned at the vets to remove plaque etc.
    I have been brushing his teeth everyday, he has a dental stick and a fresh breath foam spray everyday but his breath really smells, his gums are bleeding and his teeth are going brown again. I use logic toothpaste as that was recommended by pets at home but can anyone recommend anything else?
    Thanks
    Lucy

2. Linda Weasel

Linda Weasel PetForums VIP

I would go back to your Vet, it sounds as if his gums are infected and it might take more than brushing to sort it out.

Lucylu74 and Lurcherlad like this.
  3. Rafa

Rafa PetForums VIP

You may be overdoing it. Brushing, a dental foam, Logic and dental stick everyday sounds like overkill to me.

This could cause both the bleeding gums and the bad breath.

I would use just the Logic and the odd dental stick and, if his gums don't improve, let your Vet see him.

Lucylu74 and Lurcherlad like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice