Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Went to visit Narrow Boats near where I live.

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by xxwelshcrazyxx, May 31, 2010.

1. xxwelshcrazyxx

xxwelshcrazyxx PetForums VIP

Went out for afternoon for hour to Llanover, to see the Narrow Boats.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Maiisiku

Maiisiku Banned

Looks lovely :D Like Badger and toad :D

3. RAINYBOW

RAINYBOW PetForums VIP

My In Laws rented their house and travelled about on their Narrow Boat for about 5 years when they first retired. They loved it. I arrived at my wedding on "Bramble" instead of in a traditional car because where i got married was on the river, was lovely :)

4. xxwelshcrazyxx

Aw did you, I bet that was really exciting getting married on a river. Have you got any pics of it????
    I bet your in-laws had a really good time on the narrow boat, it is such a slow pace of life isnt it and so calming and relaxing.:thumbup:

5. lifeizsweet

lifeizsweet PetForums VIP

Me and OH like the idea of renting a narrow boat for a holiday. But i think it's pretty pricey :(

6. xxwelshcrazyxx

Yeah your talking about £999 for a medium size one for a couple of day, not even a week. You can have day trips on these too, it was really nice there today, alot of them had gone up the river on thier trips.

7. RAINYBOW

RAINYBOW PetForums VIP

I don't have any pics on the computer (before the days of digital sadly ;))

It was a bit touch and go because the weather was dicey (it was 10 years ago this weekend just gone) but the sun shone just at the right moment.

Was a very relaxing way to arrive, very graceful and chic :)

We helped them bring the boat up to where we lived in Hertfordshire at the time, was nice on the boat :thumbup: very chilled way to travel

8. simplysardonic

simplysardonic Moderator
    Staff Member

:001_tt1: :001_tt1: :001_tt1: :001_tt1: :001_tt1:
    me wants one, me wants one very much

9. xxwelshcrazyxx

They are lovely, it is supposed to be the best holiday to relax on. so gentle and slow and you can stop off at all the pubs on the way, :thumbup:

10. RAINYBOW

RAINYBOW PetForums VIP

I was totally gobsmacked when my sister in law told me how much it cost her to hire one last summer holidays :scared: Couldn't believe it :scared: My in laws should never have sold theirs, they should have rented it out for a few years first, they could have made a fortune.

11. xxwelshcrazyxx

Well there are 5 for sale, so COME ON DOWN, the price is right lololol
    £24.000
    £36.000
    small one for £12.000
    and another one for £28.000

We looked inside 3 of them as they were mored, my god they cram so much into one boat, it is like a little cottage on water. really nice.

12. RAINYBOW

RAINYBOW PetForums VIP

Places look totally different from the River too, we went through some pretty grim parts of London but they looked better from the River View :)

13. xxwelshcrazyxx

Now is the time to buy one and rent it out, they are turing people away down here as they are all booked up. Money no object obviously.:scared:

14. RAINYBOW

RAINYBOW PetForums VIP

Buy one and let it out, make your money back in no time :thumbup:

15. xxwelshcrazyxx

At the prices they charge and people are paying it too, it wouldnt take long for it to pay for itself.

16. RAINYBOW

RAINYBOW PetForums VIP

Mooring can be pretty pricey though i think but i still think you can make it cover costs.

We are looking at doing a similar thing with a Beach Chalet in Norfolk. Buying it and letting it out a bit to cover the costs :) Funnily enough we did research buying a mooring on the broads instead as it would probably be a better earner but we want something we can use and our kids are a bit young for a boat yet.

17. simplysardonic

simplysardonic Moderator
    Staff Member

Do you mean the little lock up type ones or the actual chalets? My dad used to own a couple of chalets up California Sands & I'd spend hours playing outside them while my mum & nan cleaned them for the next guests:)
    I'd love a narrowboat on the Broads (there aren't many here, its mainly broads cruisers which lack all the character of narrowboats IMO)

18. RAINYBOW

RAINYBOW PetForums VIP

An actual Chalet with bedrooms you can stay in, not just the beach hut things. We are looking at a small private chalet park in North Norfolk, right near the beach, closeish to The Broads :) We want somewhere we can take the kids regular for beachy family time and let it out a bit to cover costs, they are dead cheap to rent :)

19. bullet

bullet PetForums VIP

I used to have a friend who lived on one, it was brilliant, the only thing was, we couldn't get it to go fast enough to do the water skiing he promised...........................or was he fibbing?:lol:

20. xxwelshcrazyxx

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: Water ski-ing that was so funny. He woud be dragging the canal. lololol
    Will rep you for that one, if it lets me, :lol:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice