Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

went to the dog park for the 1st time in ages!

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by sid&kira, May 12, 2010.

1. sid&kira

sid&kira PetForums VIP

Took Kira up the park today for the 1st time in what seems like ages! (since i took on this job), Rick cant walk her that far because of his siattica(sp) and every day iv had off seems to be crappy weather :frown: theres no point us going if its raining because no one will be there so she wont run about :rolleyes: so we've just been walking round the woods and the park over the road...

But today there was some sun and no dark clouds, so I decided to take her, she loved it!

when we got there Suki was there, but left soon after cus she'd been there for ages already :( but soon some more of her friends came in including Diesel (mad lab pup), Simba (rodesian ridgeback) and Becky (great dane), and there were a few there she's never met before :thumbup:

She caught 2 birds!! I dunno how she did it but she was spending a while in the bush so I went to check on her and could see something moving in front of her, then realised it was a bird and just said 'well done girl, now put it outta its misery' lol :rolleyes: was hoping she'd eat it in the bush but no, she came walking out with it, very proud of herself and proceeded to eat it right in the middle of the park, in full view of a mother and daughter! :rolleyes: :eek: :lol: lol

Then she ran back in and came out with a SECOND one!!! :eek:

Is it wrong to be proud of her for that?? :confused1: :eek: lmao

On the way home she started holding one ear weird and shaking her head, so i rubbed her ear and she stopped, but ricks gunna keep an eye on her and we'll get her to the vet if she keeps doing it, see if she's got an infection or mites, it didnt feel hot

As soon as we got back she jumped up on the couch and promptly fell asleep, she is shattered! lol I took her upstairs when I had to go and put her in her crate, no fuss, just in there, curl up in a tiny ball and fall back to sleep! :lol: Poor tired girl lol

Sorry no pics, just thought I'd tell you all about our fun day! :thumbup:

2. tafwoc

tafwoc PetForums VIP

Sounds like you had a great day! :) Remember your camera next time, i love drooling over your lush pup ;)

I bet the mum and daughter were shocked :eek6:

3. sid&kira

sid&kira PetForums VIP

i had my fone but was too busy catchin up with everyone :rolleyes:

the woman was like 'oh wow! how did she manage that??'... and the little girl was like 'wow!.... EWWWW!!!' :lol:

heres a few too keep yu goin :thumbup:

Attached Files:

4. rona

rona Guest

She did it because all the baby birds are coming out of their nests now

5. sid&kira

sid&kira PetForums VIP

Yea they didnt seem that big, thought they might have fallen. I feel sorry for them, but its instinct, and I wouldnt stop it if I wanted to lol

6. Mum2Heidi

Mum2Heidi PetForums VIP

Thats brilliant - sound like you had a great time.
    I love those really special kind of walks that start just ordinary and then turn into something really great.

7. sid&kira

sid&kira PetForums VIP

No she ate them! lol She left the innards and leg one one, but ate all the rest lol :lol:

8. SpringerHusky

SpringerHusky PetForums VIP

Oh how lovely of Kira, tell her she can come join Maya on her hunts. Maya kills rabbits and just disowns them she never eats them :rolleyes:

It's nice you got a trip to the park, I wish we had one like that down here :frown:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice