Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Wellies good for miles of walking?

Discussion in 'Dog Walking' started by petsatplay, Oct 31, 2012.

1. petsatplay

petsatplay PetForums Junior

Hi,

Can anyone recommend any really good wellies that are comfortable, warm and good for walking long distances?

I currently have a pair of Berghaus walking boots, that have been fantastic but not good for shin deep mud that I find myself in every day!

xx

NikkiPixel likes this.
  2. dexter

dexter PetForums VIP

i got muck boots but they a tad heavy for long distance for me, with my bad back :)

3. Pygmy Warrior

Pygmy Warrior PetForums Newbie

My better half swears by her Town & Country Premiums. Cost £40.

Although not quite the question, I can list a hundred brands of so called waterproof footwear NOT to get! IMO Gortex just does not work in footwear. We have both returned countless shoes from different makers lined with Gortex.

4. Pygmy Warrior

Pygmy Warrior PetForums Newbie

Oops- should have checked your Berghaus link before slating Gortex :eek:

5. Active Dogs MK

Active Dogs MK PetForums Newbie

I have been doing some in-depth research the past few days for the same thing - first I liked the Dublin Pinnacle boots Dublin Pinnacle Boots Dublin Clothing Europe around £130, nice very comfy but seeing lots of reviews tells me they may not last as long as I would like for that kind of money....the reviews led me to Aigle wellies, espcially the ISO Panacour ones, warm, comfy and great for long distance walking, but again very pricey.

Reading reveiws of these led me to the Derwent Muck Boot: Pre Season Sale Original Muck Boot Company Derwent Wellington Boots All Sizes on eBay! and I reckon these look like a god compromise. I am just trying to find a local stockist, as I would prefer to try them on before I buy :)

Hope this helsp a teeny bit?!!

6. totallypets

totallypets PetForums Senior

7. spaniel04

spaniel04 PetForums Member

8. petsatplay

haha it's ok - I didn't paste the link it just picked up on the words I typed - clever thing it is! We waterproof them ourselves which seems to work well.
    Thanks for your advice on the Wellies

9. dexter

dexter PetForums VIP

i have these they are fantastic , keeps my tootsies very warm, however i wouldn't want to wear them for walking miles in.

they are true to size.

10. petsatplay

oops still a newbie at posting, thought I had replied to an individual comment!

Anyway, thank you all for your replies - Think I'm going for the Aigle ISO's because of the fantastic reviews - Just now debating the ISO's or ISO's 2

They better last me all my life at the price mind! :)

xx

11. Moobli

Moobli PetForums VIP

I practically live in my wellies, and have Le Chemeau (expensive but warm and comfy) and Muck Boots. The Muck Boots are definitely warm and I find them great for long distance walks.

12. delca1

delca1 PetForums VIP

I have Hunter Argyll wellies, not heavy just wellies really. I can walk miles in them in all weather with no problem at all. Last winter though I bought some memory foam insoles that are so comfy and add a little warmth when it's freezing. I get the insoles from the pound shop, they don't last more than a couple of months or so but at £1 I don't mind :)

13. Active Dogs MK

Active Dogs MK PetForums Newbie

So, great response for the Aigle wellies; the only thing holding me back was a heard the ISO wellie is very warm, lovely for the winter, but too warm for other seasons - does anyone have the Parcour wellie thats not the ISO version (so not lined)? If its as comfy I will go for that version I think, and add thermal socks when needed, as I'll need to wear them all year round??

14. totallypets

totallypets PetForums Senior

They are lovely and warm, yes too warm for the summer really. I had the same thought about maybe investing in non lined ones this summer but fortunately there aren't too many days in summer when I need them. Fine for spring and autumn and wonderful in the winter. I stopped for a chat with a guy when out walking earlier in the year and was standing in deep snow for about 10 minutes before moving on. I'd just started to feel the nip of cold coming through, but my feet were toasty within a minute of walking on.

15. bluegirl

bluegirl PetForums Senior

I'd recommend these too. I got mine last year and its the best investment I ever made. They are a cross between a walking boot and a welly, they are very comfy and lovely and warm. They are expensive but they are definitely the best. I'd live in mine given a choice.:)

16. bluegirl

bluegirl PetForums Senior

If you have cold feet like me, they are fine for summer too.:D

17. Leam1307

Leam1307 PetForums Senior

I have a pair of Dublin River boots, i think they cost me £70 from equestrian clearance. ive had them 2 years now and wear them EVERY day walking through muddy fields, riding in, i even give them a scrub up and wear with jeans for going out shopping etc. They are brilliant, and last winter while everyone had about 4 pairs of socks on and complaining of cold feet, i had just a normal thin pair on and was very toastie.

Well worth the money. The look really similar to duberry boots but these cost in excess of £250!!! my mum has a pair and is scared to get them dirty. lol

18. Leanne77

Leanne77 PetForums VIP

I too have Aigle Wellies which have done many miles in all different terrain and they are so comfy, I would never go back to cheap, plastic wellies now.

Mine have just developed a tear in the top of the boot, must have done it on a sharp twig or something so they are no longer good for deep puddles but ok for general walking. Bit miffed they've torn TBH.

19. petsatplay

Hi,
    Thanks for all your replies, I've just got my new Aigile ISO's. - Cheapest place I found them was Decathlon at £99 I had to order mine in store though as oos online.

Have a great day walking :)
    Lou
    xx

20. JeffTaxAllen

JeffTaxAllen PetForums Newbie

I note a number of people are suggesting Aigle ISO Parcour. I have had owned two pairs of these. Though they are comfortable and warm my experience is that they develop leaks that are impossible to repair. My last pair developed a leak within one year, and I am looking to repalce them with a more robust boot. Any ideas?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice