UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have some light blue hunter Wellies which are beautiful :)
But now have a hole in... They're about a year old.

So I need some new boots...needed...
Need to be beautiful lol colourful preferably!
Waterproof
Long lasting ill wear them everyday.

Love hunter Wellies the colours Etc but don't last long enough :(
Also love dubarrys but not cheap!

Pics of my two hoodlums who need to be walked!!

·
Banned
21,573 Posts
I've got a pair of the hunter neoprene ones, because they are good at keeping your feet warm, £115 quid and seem to be doing what it says on the tin. I've also got a pair of dubarry's, they need waterproofing before I wear them again, you still need good socks in a pair of dubarry's, but they are incredibly comfortable.

·
Registered
16,426 Posts
I have a pair of Aigles that have lasted me about 18mths now & are really comfy. Am going to invest in some muck boots for winter as they have good reviews as well

·
Banned
12,275 Posts
I have some light blue hunter Wellies which are beautiful :)
But now have a hole in... They're about a year old.

So I need some new boots...needed...
Need to be beautiful lol colourful preferably!
Waterproof
Long lasting ill wear them everyday.

Love hunter Wellies the colours Etc but don't last long enough :(
Also love dubarrys but not cheap!

Pics of my two hoodlums who need to be walked!!
I get though hunters like a nun gets though bars of soap! (opps I mean habits!)they just aint made like the were no more! all made in the same factory in china these days!

Have you looked at the le Chamois

·
Banned
12,847 Posts
I've had my Hunters about nine years now and they're still going strong - worn thrice daily, day in day out, so I'm very impressed with them. I've got fleecy wellie liners to pop in them in the winter and they're heavenly!

·
Registered
4,015 Posts
My hunter Wellies are just over 12months old and leak.my sisters lasted about the same too but my mom and dad have had a pair each for years and are still good.:confused:
Dubarrys sound good. Going to google them now.:rolleyes:

Well I googled them........I've seen lots wearing them and love them but think Santa needs a nudge in the right direction.

Ps, your dogs are gorgeous

·
Registered
10,269 Posts
You perhaps got em before they moved production! Hang on to em!
I can confirm this as my hubby brought me some hunters back from scotland after a corporate visit to the factory (he works in rubber ;) )

That was about 10 yrs ago and mine are still going strong but they moved production and the results were not so good.

I am absolutely loving my "Muckboots" (proper official ones)

Not the prettiest boot on the block but superb comfort, warmth and quality :)

·
Registered
5,724 Posts
I gave up on Hunter's years ago, they're just not the same now they're not make in the UK.

I now have Dubarry's and Muck boots. Both of which I adore and will NEVER buy another pair of Hunter's ever again.

My muck boots have lasted 3 winters, worn every day, in all weathers and on all types of ground. Brilliant! IMO:D

·
Registered
16 Posts
I was also wary of the "new" Hunters as I have heard that they have flaws from friends who have bought them.

But at the beginning of the year my partner and I saw the neoprene boots and bought a pair each. They have been fantastic, so warm, dry and comfy - I have worn my pair constantly over the past 10 mths. They are the barmoral design, which have a different sole from the "original" style. Hopefully they continue to do well.

·
Registered
11,079 Posts
Hmm that's the 2nd post I've read tonight about broken hunter wellies, wish I'd have known before ordering some last night :([/QUOT

Was just going to order some myself, never had a problem with them in the past but thinking twice now:eek:

·
Registered
39,229 Posts
Ariat Grasmeres are well worth the money if you can afford the initial outlay - absolutely superb.

If not those, the Ariat wellies are also the best wellies I've had.

·
Follow me on @popuppetstop on insta
4,131 Posts
my wellies are just cheap and cheerful so when they do give in they aren't expensive to replace they were £10 from primark they are leopard print with a big furry welly socks :D

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Recently I pulled out a pair of Hunter wellies that I was given for my 14th...or maybe 13th birthday. I am now 28. And they are getting regular use and fab. But I noticed on them it says that they were made in Scotland, which is not the case and longer so maybe they are just no longer made from the same stuff in the same way?

·
Registered
39,229 Posts
Recently I pulled out a pair of Hunter wellies that I was given for my 14th...or maybe 13th birthday. I am now 28. And they are getting regular use and fab. But I noticed on them it says that they were made in Scotland, which is not the case and longer so maybe they are just no longer made from the same stuff in the same way?
When I was younger I had a pair that lasted for years and were fab quality; hubby now has a pair and they are nowhere near as good.

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
My beautiful pair of trusty pink wellies that i've had for 8 years finally died at the weekend. They now have a hole and i've had to order some more. I must admit, I was sad to see them go, but holy moly, there's so much choice for funky wellies!

My old ones were just cheapy £5 sports direct ones or something like that. They've served me well and i've got a heck of alot of value out of them.

I spent about 3 hours on Ebay t'other day looking for a new funky pair. I was thinking COLOURFUL/FUNKY/COOOOOOOOOL, but I was going to end up spending a fortune on about 10 pairs all different colours and patterns for different moods/days. I had about 30 pairs on my watch list (no lie.. i'm mental!) but decided I was going to keep it sensible and go for a good 'goes with anything' pair that are waterproof and warm for when it snows.. SO.. I went for these :D

Padders Polkadot FURLINED Wellington Wellies Sizes from 37-42 | eBay

They've not come yet.. but i'm very excited for their arrival!

I was really looking for a pair of frog wellies (you know, with the eyes..) in an adult size 4. But nope :( If anyone knows where I can get a pair of these, i'll be forever in your debt :D

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.