Welcome!

Welcome to PetForums, the UK's most popular and friendly pet owners community. Please 'Sign Up' if you'd like to take part and contribute to our forum.

Well

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Summercat, Sep 30, 2018.

1. Summercat

Summercat PetForums VIP

Looking grown
    A5F298C0-7B44-41C6-881E-8B83B69E29C7.jpeg F1BF425E-382B-4D69-946B-003A8899E69F.jpeg

2. ebonycat

ebonycat PetForums VIP

ewelsh and Summercat like this.
  3. MissMiloKitty

MissMiloKitty PetForums VIP

How fast they grow and it's not until you look at photos that you realise just how much they have grown. He's a handsome fella ☺

ewelsh and Summercat like this.
  4. Summercat

Summercat PetForums VIP

Thanks guys:)

ewelsh likes this.
  5. Summercat

Summercat PetForums VIP

Happy Monday from us:)

I have been debating back and forth taking Jack out. He cries by the front door at times and I feel bad.
    Biggles never has but he has tried to slip out from time to time. After the last time when he ended up stuck on a ledge near the stairs he has ended his desire for the outdoors.

We are in a very built up area. There is a smallish green area with seating nearby that we would have to cross a parking lot to get to but it does have trees.
    There is another large park about a fifteen min walk away I could bring him to.

My thought was to bring him in a carrier and then let him out on a harness.
    What has stopped me is the idea if dogs did approach would I be able to get him in the carrier fast enough and the other would I open a Pandora's box of him requesting to go out more than is possible.
    Thoughts? Let him have a bit of outdoor fun as he realizes there is a world beyond the door or play it safe and stay inside.

6. SbanR

SbanR PetForums VIP

Can't help SC, as I'm in a quiet area and the dog walkers here are very considerate:)

Ollie had a whale of a time this morning. Beautiful morning after a miserable weekend. The insects were out in force and he was pouncing and jumping about after them:). Will post tonight if I've managed to get any decent pics:p

Summercat likes this.
  7. Summercat

Summercat PetForums VIP

Thanks @SbanR it is tricky. Most people seem to keep their dogs on leads but the large park we used to live by, had some off lead.
    The new big park I am not sure as the other was more woodland and trails.

I am also a bit worried that he will think outside can be accessed anytime and get upset when it is not. How are your two, are they on a schedule and do they know when they go out?
    I recall @Whompingwillow had issues with Mojo often wanting outside and Jack, who realizes what a door handle is and jumps at it, may be similar to Mr. Mo.

But spring is coming and I feel a bit cruel keeping the boy in. I may try the nearby green area and see how it goes.

Post pics, yes please, I love your tree pics. Jack if we go out will be firmly on harness for trees:) he will love it I am sure as he already makes attempts at the walls:Shy

8. SbanR

SbanR PetForums VIP

Ah, there's been a bit of a change with Ollie:oops:. He's always been a timid character but gradually, this year he's also become more nervous:(. I suspect the b****y kids throwing things at the house might have aggravated his timidity. There's also on going work by my neighbour with loud, sudden bangs etc(which he didn't use to mind, but sometimes is now:()
    Anyhoo, last month we had a spell of frequent daytime showers so I started taking him out very early in the morning n late at night, (He enjoys these as its so much quieter:p) as well as during the day, :Jawdrop weather permitting:D. So we go out more frequently, but for shorter spells.

I would say the only one he's really, really keen on is the early morning outing. The rest of the time, he gets up to mischief:eek: until I take him out:p

I think once Jack starts going out, you'll get hell if you try to give it a miss:D.

Summercat and ewelsh like this.
  9. SbanR

SbanR PetForums VIP

Ps. There is a schedule of sorts ie morning x 2, afternoon n night but the time isn't fixed

Summercat likes this.
  10. SbanR

SbanR PetForums VIP

Did I say we go out for shorter spells????:rolleyes: He's had so much fun today hunting insects n birds he hasn't wanted to return home. We had a crow tease Ollie; led us a merry dance round two fields!:Facepalm

Summercat likes this.
  11. Summercat

Summercat PetForums VIP

:cool:Thanks for the info @SbanR

I have a feeling I will be taking the energetic little fellow out.
    I may regret opening that door though, literally and figuratively ;)
    We will see, I will try to do most days but in the morning, to have a routine.

We won't have as much roaming as you, due to the built up area but he should be able to get a taste of life beyond the flat.
    I think Biggles is pretty content, so will just try with Jack.

SbanR likes this.
  12. SbanR

SbanR PetForums VIP

Ollie climbing a mini tree for you;)

IMG_20190211_104748.jpg IMG_20190211_104751.jpg IMG_20190211_104755.jpg

13. Summercat

Summercat PetForums VIP

Methinks I will need a long lead for this tree climbing business :Hilarious

SbanR likes this.
  14. SbanR

SbanR PetForums VIP

You can only let Jack climb as high as you can reach to untangle it! Any higher and you'll both be in trouble:D
    The long lead is for when he takes off after birds or playing tag with Jessie;)

Soozi and Summercat like this.
  15. Summercat

Summercat PetForums VIP

@SbanR
    Well Jack may be a bit disappointed, as I am only a tad over five feet:Shy unless I can get OH to go as well, it will be a short climb.
    But good point, thanks!:cool:

16. SbanR

SbanR PetForums VIP

I used to be five foot but I'm now shrinking :(. There's one young tree here that doesn't have too many branches in the way so I occasionally let him climb higher. But I must confess I get a tad anxious when I allow that to happen:rolleyes:

Summercat likes this.
  17. Summercat

Summercat PetForums VIP

Biggles watching the snow fall and birds fly, this morning.

Jack going for Biggles swishing tail.

6C422108-6490-4B0A-80C1-8C3EB7A67577.jpeg

Soozi, huckybuck, cheekyscrip and 4 others like this.
  18. Trixie1

Trixie1 PetForums VIP

Jack does seem to love playing with Biggles tail!!:)Best toy ever!!

Summercat likes this.
  19. Summercat

Summercat PetForums VIP

Thanks @Trixie1 :)
    Biggles is very good with Jack.

Trixie1 likes this.
  20. Summercat

Summercat PetForums VIP

Still toing and froing over the outdoor issue.

Jack and Biggles each come when the other cries.
    Jack was meowing by the door today and Biggles jumped off the windowsill in the other room to go see what the matter was.
    Noses were touched and all was inspected and deemed well. 6FBDC263-32A6-4087-BDAC-EDB500FC0AED.jpeg 11DF1A5C-6AB6-4F3C-8303-AB485A565885.jpeg 9757E28D-8EEF-41D6-8C87-3A18A34EA6A3.jpeg

Photos from last week

Trixie1, SbanR and ChaosCat like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice