Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Well

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Summercat, Sep 30, 2018.

1. Summercat

Summercat PetForums VIP

As some of you know we are in the middle of a move to a new flat. Got the internet working and had movers come yesterday.
    Then last night, a friend came by with a box, I thought had shoes. It had a kitten. They had told me they found it about a week ago and it was stuck in a crevice between an abandoned building and the pavement. I thought they planned to keep him.

Biggles loves the kitten, he first followed him sniffing and then they played together. The kitten is tiny, the vet they saw put him about six weeks when found.
    So maybe now eight but I think closer to seven. His eyes look green.

They didn't have litter for him at their flat but I put some in a box for him in the bathroom and he used it overnight but had watery poo overnight and when I put the box this morn.

He was sleeping on the cushion I gave him when I went in the bathroom this morn and now he and Biggles are up and playing

They said he was health checked, deflead and had injections but I need to see his record from the vet and pass it to my vet.
    I said we would keep him on a trial basis to see how it goes.
    So this is Jack:
    FD4130A8-4322-456C-B840-72D650F7A7EC.jpeg F2E49B95-579E-4C50-9A05-BE603F43F907.jpeg 17C615B4-1B38-4E9C-913B-9668D4158483.jpeg

2. LJC675

LJC675 PetForums VIP

Oh my goodness me how cute. Hello Jack ( now no longer Jack in the box). Oooh I hope Biggles falls in love with him, super cute.

3. MilleD

MilleD PetForums VIP

He's a bit cute.

Where did you get that round cardboard thing from? Looks interesting :)

dustydiamond1 and Summercat like this.
  4. Summercat

Summercat PetForums VIP

@LJC675
    Oh I didn't even think of that doh, but yes, Jack in the box:)

@MilleD
    A local pet shop but Zooplus might have them. The same brand (will check the name for you) sell also in the same material, small loungers and fish shaped flat ones. Biggles had an older round one in our other flat, that he slept in it on the bed, as well as for scratching and occasional chewing.

5. Mrs Funkin

Mrs Funkin Human mother to Oscar

Good morning Jack! Aren’t you just the cutest little ball of fluff? I’m glad you and Mr B have been playing this morning, paws crossed for a nice easy settling in :)

Cully and Summercat like this.
  6. ebonycat

ebonycat PetForums VIP

Aww he’s very cute, glad mr b approves & has been playing with him.
    I hope everything continues to go well & he has a forever home with you & mr b x

Summercat likes this.
  7. Summercat

Summercat PetForums VIP

Here are some better pics, I put him on the window sill, his eyes look bluish green in room lighting.
    341D2E3D-F4E5-443D-A454-7E9042DEC005.jpeg E0BE36FB-00AE-4C53-A280-18240FDAB6B2.jpeg

8. Summercat

Summercat PetForums VIP

Until I get him to see my vet for her estimate, any guesses on how old you think he may be?

Clairabella likes this.
  9. MilleD

MilleD PetForums VIP

Thanks. I'll check it out.

10. SbanR

SbanR PetForums VIP

Hello Jack:) sounds like Biggles is already falling for you. Get your little paws firmly under the table now:D
    Will you be finally moved into the new flat now SC?

Ps. Is OH ok with keeping Jack?;)

11. Emmasian

Emmasian PetForums VIP

So tiddly and fluffy! He does look young though. Does that mean he might get need some kitten milk to supplement him? See what the vet says and get proof of worming etc. Lovely little lad though xx

Summercat likes this.
  12. Gallifreyangirl

Gallifreyangirl PetForums VIP

Wow little jack is cute And good to see Mr B not too unhappy with jack. Hope OH ok with little jack.

Summercat likes this.
  13. lymorelynn

lymorelynn UN Peacekeeper in training
    Staff Member

What a cute little surprise :Cat
    Hard to say from the photos but if his eye colour is changing I would say 7 or 8 weeks.

14. Summercat

Summercat PetForums VIP

@SbanR
    We were moving things by ourselves by taxi and metro, used movers on Sat and will use the moving company again Tues then should be in the clear.:Cat
    Apparently, OH knew the kitten was coming last night so agreed but I didn't know he knew, so all well on that front.:cool:

@Emmasian
    Kitten milk good idea, I didn't think of that. He does look tiny to me. My thought had been to get a kitten about three months to six months. Not really prepared as didn't know he was coming but he is friendly and they play well together.:Cat

15. Summercat

Summercat PetForums VIP

@lymorelynn
    Ah ok, the eye color change is gradual, that makes sense, thanks. He is probably still transitioning the color then. The vet estimated he was six weeks when they found him. The vet on the second visit said eight weeks but small for eight weeks in size.

Clairabella likes this.
  16. Summercat

Summercat PetForums VIP

@Gallifreyangirl
    OH apparently knew the kitten was coming last night, I didn't :cool:

17. Trixie1

Trixie1 PetForums VIP

@Summercat glad that the move is going smoothly:) and what a lovely surprise!! Jack is gorgeous!! A little bundle of fluffy joy! Pleased that Biggles is getting on with him too!! But who wouldn't, he's just too cute:)x

18. SbanR

SbanR PetForums VIP

Hooray! Another spouse converted:D

Summercat, huckybuck and Clairabella like this.
  19. Dumpling

Dumpling PetForums VIP

He's so cute! That's great that he and Biggles are getting on well together and it sounds like he's settling in well! :Cat

Summercat and Clairabella like this.
  20. Clairabella

Clairabella PetForums VIP

Awww this is the best news ❤️❤️

Welcome home Jack and congratulations to my fluffy beautiful butty, Mr Biggs, on becoming a big brother xx

Congratulations SC on your youngest son ❤️ He is just as beautiful as his big brother Biggles and has landed on his paws finding a home with you all xxx

That’s lovely that OH decided for you’s :) took some of the pressure off you of finding a kitten, sometimes we can overthink things too and talk ourselves out of it so OH has taken that stress off you too and above all what an amazing surprise from him to you xxxx

Congratulations to you all ❤️❤️❤️❤️

dustydiamond1 and Summercat like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice