Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Well, Thats Shelley Chuffed!!!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by jon bda, Nov 6, 2012.

1. jon bda

jon bda Guest

Both not long got in from work..#2 son gives Shelley a letter from the school his left this summer. He's got to go to an awards ceremony on friday to pick up an award he was nominated for, for his GCSE results...he's hating it already...he's got to have his picture taken for it!!!
    :D

2. skip

skip PetForums VIP

Ah that's great news am sure your son will survive the photo lol :D

3. myshkin

myshkin PetForums VIP

'course you're not chuffed at all Jon, oh no ;):D
    Well done No.2 son :D

4. jon bda

jon bda Guest

Been proud of the pair of them, from the moment i first saw them to right now, watching them become young men rather than kids (and making me feel old to boot!!! :D). But yeah, its all good...stuff like this never hurts to have in your portfolio does it!
    :)

5. MoggyBaby

MoggyBaby PetForums VIP

Well done # 2 son.

Good to see you take after yer mammy lad!!!! :D

:lol: :lol: :lol:

6. Modwyn

Modwyn Guest

Congratulations #2 son :thumbup1:

7. jon bda

jon bda Guest

For many years, i've been convinced they gave us the wrong baby in hospital, and that somewhere, somebody (most likely a couple of scientists or something) has a teenager thats stood in the garden shed just hitting things over and over with a hammer trying to fix it!!!
    :lol:

8. westie~ma

westie~ma ~ In my shed ~
    Staff Member

Well done and congrats to your son. Pics are a must :D

9. MissShelley

MissShelley PetForums VIP

Thank you all, we are just so proud of him!

Of course Luke being Luke wanted to know the ins and outs of a cows backside about it, and then was trying to figure out who had nominated him! We were just saying, for gods sake just enjoy it!

Then panic when he saw he'd need to be there early for pictures, again, all around the Wrekin, via the cows backside and he's still not happy!

Havent even mentioned that he'd have to stand up and accept the award in public lol :D

10. MissShelley

We had a fab time at presentation evening :D There are some very talented boys and girls that are now finding their own way in the world.

Luke accepted his award from the Principal of Walford and North Shropshire college, who had sponsored the award, he said that Luke had shown determination and and gave his very best in all areas of School, he said that worked hard to acheive such oustanding GCSE results :D

In his envelope with the GCSE certificates there was an envelope with £50 inside :D and a certificate for 'Outstanding GCSE' results' and this.

[​IMG]

Rt Hon Owen Paterson was there to hand out certificates to non prize winners, Luke was gutted because he didn't have his handed to him by Owen Paterson, he said "I just wanted that baldy man to shift so I could shake Owen Paterson's hand :D I said that the baldy man was principal of the college he now attends :D

he also got to have his photo taken professionally, on stage and individually. But his geeky friend insisted on having his pic taken with Luke, the photographer said to friend "Are you an award winner?" Friend said "Nope, me Dad said I should have me pic taken" :D

We weren't allowed to take our own pics, was gutted :( Got a password to view the pics online but they havent been uploaded yet.

11. MissShelley

Sorry :eek:

[​IMG]

Luke recieving his award and certificates :)

[​IMG]

Sorry, I'll shush now :eek:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice