Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

well i've done it!!

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by jenny armour, May 2, 2011.

1. jenny armour

jenny armour PetForums VIP

remember me telling you about the two cats from around the corner that the owner neglects? well he has asked me if i want them.
    it was all done through the police community officer, my problem now is getting them around here. the little tortie (which he calls thomas???) is a real sweetie and i did manage to get her around to my house last night but as soon as i feed her she goes back. the little boy is another kettle of fish.he's very timid and i think could be a handful. not used to ferally cats after raggies and wegies.
    i am trying devise a way of keeping them around here. i do have a summerhouse and i was going to use my small pen, which is attached to the back door at the moment to put it onto the summerhouse, but not having a man to help could be hard, and i need to get them out quick.

2. honeysmummy

honeysmummy PetForums VIP

Hi Hun. As soon as I saw your thread title I knew you had done
    something positive for those two cats :D

I know you have a few challenges ahead with them, but hats off
    to you. So glad they are going to have you now to look after
    them. Let us know how things are going xx

3. Taylorbaby

Taylorbaby PetForums VIP

oh wow! well done! :) How are they settling in?

4. suzy93074

suzy93074 PetForums VIP

Welldone im sure they will be very happy with you xx:)

5. jenny armour

just shows what an owner they had when he thought the tortie was a boy and she had had three litters of kittens, probably didnt realise she was pregnant.
    anyway tonight i go round the corner to feed them, they both come running up (little boy a little way behind) so i got them a little way up the road and then i feed them before the boy gets too frightened and legs it.
    anyway when they finished i got little tortie back to my house and i had left the back gate open so that i could perhaps entice her into the back garden, just to get her used to it.
    anyway suddenly i hear birds chirping and she had got hold of a baby black bird down the side of my bungalow in her mouth. i got up and she dropped it and dad black bird chased her down the road and she's gone again, until tomorrow.
    god i'm not used to outdoor cats catching birds, maybe i will make her and her boy indoor cats.
    i know i have a long road ahead and i just hope it works out. i think she may settle but i'm not sure about him. will phone cats protection tomorrow about hiring a pen from them.

6. lymorelynn

lymorelynn UN Peacekeeper in training
    Staff Member

Well done Jenny and best of luck in getting them to actually move in with you :) Do you have a neighbour or male friend who could help with moving your pen onto the summerhouse? Maybe someone from CPL would be prepared to give you a hand.

7. jenny armour

if i still lived in essex then yes i would have had help from cats protection but besides the people that i work with in the cp shop then no, but having said that my friends husband i think is giving me a hand. i just hope it works. always nervous when taking on something like this in case it doesnt work out

8. Taylorbaby

Taylorbaby PetForums VIP

its very sad when you see their first 'kill' :( I get very upset, but you cant do much its thei nature, they are hunters.

I bet she must be used to eating outside :(

good luck with the penning them and getting them inside!!

9. codyann

codyann PetForums Senior

yeah i know it is horrible when you see them with a dead animal, my girl cat tiggs baught a mouse in the house it was alive she didnt hurt it but i was in the house on my own and i jumped out of my skin! and i didnt know what to do in the end i just left the back door open and it went out ok :)
    good luck with the cats hope it all works out for you :D x

10. Emma-Jayne

Emma-Jayne PetForums VIP

Slightly off topic but in response to Taylorbaby I would jump up and down if Moriarty brought something home 3 years old 0 kills. He's just too afraid. :eek:
    I would be sad after the jumping though. :(

But well done to the OP for taking care of these furry babies. I hope you get them into their cosy new home soon.

Emx

11. Taylorbaby

Taylorbaby PetForums VIP

does he go outside? He might not bring them back! I only happened to see Tays 'toy/kill' as the nest was near by, the mum/dad were attacking him :( He got 2 of the babies, had to call the rspca, but couldnt save him in the end, was raelly upsetting, ID rather them stay outside!

however I liked Tays last 'kill' it was the annoying kids soft tennis ball haha :D :D

12. jenny armour

as far as i know she didnt kill it as daddy black bird chased her off, i felt so guilty poor baby. just shows i'm used to my cats who cant get to anything.
    anyway back to these cats, i've looking for cat runs with bedding and litter tray facilities on ebay but cant see anything. anyone know where i can get possibly a second hand run, in case my other option doesnt work. i dont like using my small pen as it is on the back door and if we get hot weather i cant open the door. any ideas?

13. lymorelynn

lymorelynn UN Peacekeeper in training
    Staff Member

I've looked at runs on ebay and they are still very expensive if you want one with indoor facilities. Second hand ones don't seem to come up very often and they are nearly always buyer collect :(
    A breeder I know puts her litter tray inside a dog kennel out in the cat run so that the litter keeps dry. you can also get cat-cabins, I think they're called, which are like an outside box for outdoor kitties to shelter in.

14. Dozymoo

Dozymoo PetForums VIP

Well done Jenny! What a fantastic thing for you to do. :) x

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice