Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Well its decided

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by k4r4, May 26, 2010.

1. k4r4

k4r4 PetForums VIP

I have convinced my OH that when we move in December to let me get another dog, will be once we have settled in...... Only thing is i had my heart set on a basset but he has asked me if we could go down the local rescue instead which im not fussed over i would love to rescue a dog.

but now i was wondering if someone could tell me if i should register with the rescue now or wait till we have moved house and then go down i will be going down to look at dogs each month i think to see how the process works too and maybe ask them if they are looking for dog walkers too.

any advice is well appreciated.

*Kara*

so excited now (hurry up new house) lol

2. rona

rona Guest

I would wait until you got there unless you are going to donate, they are busy enough. I'm sure they will welcome you once you are in a position to help :)
    Would your OH not consider Basset Welfare
    Welcome to Basset Hound Welfare

3. k4r4

k4r4 PetForums VIP

I have suggested that to him aswell and he has said he will think about it and then we can discuss all the options as he has his heart set on rescuing a pooch he knows i am willing to wait to find the right dog for us and i will not rush into it either.

Thanks for your advice :)

4. Nicky10

Nicky10 PetForums VIP

Breed rescue would probably be the best you get to rescue a dog and get a basett hound. They come up in normal rescues too sometimes

5. k4r4

k4r4 PetForums VIP

yeah i had looked at the basset bread rescue before but with some stuff that had went on everything went to the back burner but i will activaly be keeping my eyes out and making sure my new place will be ready for us all to move into.

6. Ducky

Ducky PetForums VIP

ooo yay! exciting!

which rescue u thinking about going to? i volunteer at dogs trust, il keep an eye out for bassets hehe :p

7. EmCHammer

EmCHammer PetForums VIP

I am sure they would love some help with walking and someoen who is keen to find out how it all works.

Trouble is you will fall for a different dog each week, i did when used to volunteer walk and wasn't even looking for another dog.

8. k4r4

k4r4 PetForums VIP

I used to go with my dad when he walked the grayhounds years and years ago but i have always wanted to get into the rescue scene myself.

the dogs trust is a bit far from me to be honest but there is a cat and dog home in cardonald that i would like to pop down to at some point soon, and thanks :D i will be keeping my ears open to hear if anyone has seen any aswell

*Kara*

9. Ducky

Ducky PetForums VIP

yep know the one you mean, just down the road from me. been there many a time with donations. not the nicest staff in the world.... but the dogs are nice. mostly staffies. il keep my eyes peeled anyway, there were a couple of beagles in recently, so you never know :p

10. Leah84

Leah84 PetForums VIP

ahhh bet you`re so excited, i used to go to the dog and cat home in cardonald on my lunch breaks from college to play with the cats :D

11. k4r4

k4r4 PetForums VIP

Well i stay at the other end of cardonald sorta ive been down plenty of times before as thats where my mum got her first kitty from so they should know my face :D

I have seen a few beagles in the rescues before but think ive only ever seen one basset and that was when my OH was adament that we weren't getting another one :p how little he knew my powers lol.

I will keep my nose to the ground and my ears to the sky :D

*Kara*

12. leashedForLife

:huh: U must have a long face, hun :D i am happy to hear that U are exercising Ur powers for good... :thumbup:

13. k4r4

k4r4 PetForums VIP

lol yeah i like to use my powers for good sometimes :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice