Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Well i despair.

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by Pampered pets, Jun 23, 2009.

1. Pampered pets

Pampered pets PetForums Senior

well i have only been here a few days but never have i come across some people like i have here, Im appalled an animal lover would come on and say all rabbits belong in a pie. Thats a disgusting attitude and i despair for the aniamls in their care.

I have enjoyed chatting to the bunny people and agree with what has been said about turkeylads attitude and and bluntness of posts saying the bunnies will live with guineas and they wont get exercise, they may be marginally better off but two wrongs dont make a right. sounds like he wanted praising from the heavens above and when he didnt get it he stomped off, all the advice given was reasonable.

Anyway i dont want to be part of a forum where people from one section can jump in on another animal section and declare they should all be in pies, its disgusting so please could my member ship be deleted please, i thought this would be a food forum as i keep cats dogs ferrets rats rabbits guinea pigs ex battery hens and hamsters, it all seemed to be in the one place but id rather not be a part of it, pease feel free to lock the thread not wanting to start another argument but when i look at my bunnies i dont want to be within a hundred miles of anyone who thinks they should be eaten.

sick sick sick sick.!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Gobaith

Gobaith PetForums VIP

Sorry that that is the impression you have got.And i agree that that is sick!
    Although, not all of us are like one person.
    I respect your decision, but am hoping you can change your mind and get to know some new friendly people.
    Chloe x

3. Pampered pets

and i should add i once encountered someone who was that sick in real life....yeah they thought it would be fun to break in my garden and kill 30 of my ferrets rabbits and guinea pigs by setting terriers on them and by squashing the guineas by stomping on them!!!!!

so i may be a little sensitive but there are some pretty sick people out there, i still relive that nightmare two years later with bodies scattered all over my garden ill never get the image from my head. It may seem irrelevant to this thread but i just wanted to share that sometimes people who say these disgustiing things do sometimes carry out barbaric acts which is why very touchy.

4. DKDREAM

DKDREAM PetForums VIP

Sorry you feel like that try and not take things too much to heart after all rabbits do get eaten and also in some contrys dogs do it maybe sick to us but it happens.

5. Gobaith

Gobaith PetForums VIP

Im so sorry to hear that hun!
    Some people are plain and utter sick!
    Chloe x

6. DKDREAM

DKDREAM PetForums VIP

I am very sorry you had to see that, yeah that is really sick im here if you would like to pm me i also keep ferrets and cats birds and dog.

7. Pampered pets

we are in the UK and i assume the 'idiot' is to knowing full well what their intentions were by making the comment.

8. DKDREAM

DKDREAM PetForums VIP

I agree seems like its upset you and forall i can understand your anger just try and ignore it, its a good forum on a whole just like all forums you get some people who upset others

9. Gobaith

Gobaith PetForums VIP

Exactly right!
    Chloe x

10. Pampered pets

Thanks, maybe ill log off for the night.

Yes im very upset (crying again) for all those little bodies i had to cremate, im also having crisis with my ferrets, they have an undiagnosed illness which has killed ten in four weeks, the latest casualty was today.

I had to have three put to sleep in one day the other week so yes im a little emotional right now especially as more are showing signs of having it and whatever the hell it is its fatal that much we know.

its also the second anniversary of the slaughter so im a little fraught right now that some people can be so disreguarding of other peoples pets, wether it be a stupid comment or killings, people ought to have a little more respect especially supposed animal lovers.

Ok ill retire to bed now or i may get another migrane.

#10 Pampered pets, Jun 23, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 23, 2009
  11. Gobaith

Gobaith PetForums VIP

Awww! Hugs!
    Sleep tight!
    Chloe x

12. DKDREAM

DKDREAM PetForums VIP

Hi There

I am so sorry to hear about that have you had the ferrets tested for ADV? thats something that can kill ferrets although its not very common in the UK. All i can sugest is you isolate the ferrets away from any contact to other ferrets and dont visit anyone with any. I hope it can be solved to what it is.

13. DKDREAM

DKDREAM PetForums VIP

Heres a link about ADV in Ferrets for anyone interested.

Aleutian Disease in Ferrets

Please note, its not very common in england there was an outbreak but all ferrets got put to sleep to protcect others.

14. Pampered pets

Going to bed after this lol

I had a PM done, its 4 weks now i got the AD test back today and its not AD, ill get the rest of them PM back by the end of the week, i lost another today and got a few more showing signs.

I went on lockdown weeks ago, no one here me no where else, got some rescue ferrets in but they have gone next door until i get PM results so its all getting to me right now, waiting four weeks has been like a lifetime and more have died while we waiting.

Had the mother of all migranes yesterday from sun eve until middle of this morning, i was even throwing up blood (not good) so maybe i shoudl ignore peoples comments but its just all got to me tonight.

Thanks for those who have suported me, I wont take back anything i have said but maybe i wont be quite so sensitive over it after a good nights sleep.

15. toddy

toddy PetForums Senior

I must have missed something here??
    What is all this about eating rabbits.Not another idiot posting is there??

16. tinamary

tinamary PetForums VIP

Sorry to hear you have been so upset over someone who made such a heartless comment.
    I have read your posts and am appauled by the way your animals were killed and i hope the person who did it was caught and punnished. God will if not the police.
    Try not to take the comments from the person on here to heart as sometimes they do not think about what they actually say and what it means to others. Some do it just to shock. and it did. I hope they are pleased with the distress they have caused you and many others who care very much for their rabbits as i do.
    If you leave you have let them win and in the future their could be someone who comes on here in desperate need of help with ferrets and by the sounds of it you would be able to help them.

Don't let one stupid person spoil it for you and us. Keep posting and just rise above the stupid people. It takes all sorts to make a world and it would be boring if we all had the same idea of things.

Chin up, there are so many nice people on here.

17. umber

umber PetForums VIP

Im so sorry to hear of your poor animals and yes its disgusting the way some people comment on here very heartless!

I hope you stick around there are many of us here like you who love all animals and also are sickned by comments of people which are jjust so childish and cruel!

18. Lisa Franklin

Lisa Franklin PetForums Junior

Hi

It was not nice how the conversation went with Turkey Lad. Hr is just a one off though, I have been on here for a few weeks now and only come accross friendly helpful people who make you feel really welcome.

He was someone who was just very insenstive about peoples feelings and hopefully he wont post anything new.

I took a look at the pictures of all your pets and they are lovely!!

Sorry to here about yout tragerdy, it is just something that you would never imagin would happen.

Hope you get to the bottom of what is wrong with your ferrets.

Lisa

xx

19. crofty

crofty PetForums VIP

Hiya

That thread is quite rare in the bunny section, as you can see I got pretty mad and upset about it but honestly most people that come in here are lovely. Dont leave and let those insensitive people win, stay and talk to us, im very sorry about your ferrets x

20. Badger's Mum

Badger's Mum PetForums VIP

I don't reply much here as i've only got dog's. I thought the comment about rabbit pie was really uncalled for. And feel alot of the people who were adding to the thread no nothing about rabbit's, and should have kept out of it:(. you small animal people alway's seem very friendly in the thread's i read:) My grandaulter is getting a rabbit soon, so i'll be asking a few thing's soon:D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice