Welcome!

Welcome to PetForums, the UK's most popular and friendly pet owners community. Please 'Sign Up' if you'd like to take part and contribute to our forum.

Well I’ve had an eventful morning with a guinea pig

Discussion in 'Small Animal Chat' started by danielled, Sep 10, 2018.

1. danielled

danielled PetForums VIP

A lady having a driving lesson found a guinea pig on our front lawn. Luckily I’d just got in from a dog walk when the lady and her instructor rang the intercom to ask if he or she was ours which no we don’t have a guinea pig. Went knocking on doors to check if anybody owned it or knew who owned him or her no luck. Then I was holding him or her while mum phoned our vets who advised we take the little one to the pet medics in wardly swinton. The little one was injured, looked like a cat had attacked the poor thing, it’s eye and ear were bleeding. I sadly didn’t have anything suitable to keep the poor thing in that would stop Buddy getting him or her or I would have done and didn’t think to take a picture. The little one is now at the vets. Receptionist said it will probably be sent to a rehoming centre and we had to fill a form in to say where it was found, who found it etc. I’m hoping the owner is reunited with the guinea pig. I’m going to knock on more doors too giving a description of the guinea pig in hopes I find the owner and if I do I’ll tell them where the guinea pig is. I hope we did the right thing. I’ve now changed my fleece.

noushka05, davidc and Lurcherlad like this.
  2. danielled

danielled PetForums VIP

Update. I’ve just been told the guinea pig belongs to the chinese people next door but one. They just need to contact the vets we took the little one too now.

3. LJC675

LJC675 PetForums VIP

Well done Dan, good rescue there.

4. Animallover26

Animallover26 I am me.

Glad to hear the owners have been found.

Hope the Guinea Pig has no lasting injuries and is fine soon.

noushka05, Lurcherlad and danielled like this.
  5. danielled

danielled PetForums VIP

He or she will be fine. Don’t think the injuries will take long to heal.

noushka05 and Animallover26 like this.
  6. danielled

danielled PetForums VIP

I’m going to drop by the owners house to check if they have the number for the vets and if not give it them. I think the injuries should heal fairly quick but I’m not a vet. They have been looking for the guinea pig so they know now he or she is safe, absolutely safe they just need to phone the vets to tell them it’s theirs. Didn’t seem in too much pain. Had a nibble of my fleece lol. Their children will be happy. Had the occassional squeak but did settle eventually.

7. danielled

danielled PetForums VIP

Another update. The owners or one of them has gone to the vets. Hope they find it ok. Animals seem to know who to come too when they need help. They come to me usually. While we were waiting I bumped into a friend at the vets.

noushka05 and Lurcherlad like this.
  8. noushka05

noushka05 Unicorn denier.

Aw well done Dan:)

danielled likes this.
  9. danielled

danielled PetForums VIP

I refused to leave the little one.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice