UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
23,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I baked a cake today AND it is edible!!!!! :eek:

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Now, I appreciate that for many of you this is nothing and my attempt is probably VERY basic to some of the creations you guys come up with BUT I haven't baked a 'proper' cake since I was at school aged 16yo. I am now 46!!!!!!

I have, over the last few years, made little things like mince pies, cookies, muffins & cupcakes but this was the first bash at a 'cake'!!!

It was a wee bit crispy at the side (I was so worried about it being gloopy in the middle I have slightly overcooked it) but the rest of it actually tasted quite nice. :yikes: I honestly expected it to be like a brick. OH had TWO slices - and no, I made no threats or promises as encouragement either. :lol:

So here is my cake, in all its glory (It's a bit dark because the lighting in my kitchen is kerrap!! :rolleyes:). :D

Oh, I also threw together a treacle tart. :)

·
Super Moderator
29,630 Posts
Looks fab, everyone's making cakes today except me & it's really made me want cake now :crying:

G

·
I like making cakey type things...got a few i'm happy doing. I find all the fun is in the making though...i ain't fussed about having any when they're done?
:)

·
Registered
23,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you lived closer, I'd bring you round some of mine.

I'l bet you're glad now you're so far away...!!!! :D :D

·
Registered
39,811 Posts
Looks great, move over Jamie Oliver!! Did love your title too by the way it did make me laugh.

·
Super Moderator
29,630 Posts
If you lived closer, I'd bring you round some of mine.

I'l bet you're glad now you're so far away...!!!! :D :D
I'm being taunted with moist cakey goodness both on here AND on Facebook :crying: you're all beastly!

·
Registered
23,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cake and tart both look lovely :thumbup1:
Awwwww.... fank you. :blushing:

I like making cakey type things...got a few i'm happy doing. I find all the fun is in the making though...i ain't fussed about having any when they're done?
:)
I'm like that. Happy to make stuff but never that bothered about eating the end results. :D

·
Super Moderator
29,630 Posts
Awwwww.... fank you. :blushing:

I'm like that. Happy to make stuff but never that bothered about eating the end results. :D
I'm like that when it comes to growing veggies- love growing tommies, aubergines, courgettes & peppers, just don't like eating them:eek:

·
Registered
4,034 Posts
Well done MB :D

When I saw the title thread I knew it would be something big :thumbup:

·
Registered
23,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
they look yummy, but what do they taste like, has anyone eaten them yet :eek:,:D,:D,:thumbup:,
The cake was actually rather nice!!! :eek: Much to my surprise. :eek:

The treacle tart will be served up with custard after dinner. Prognosis on that still unknown........ :shocked:

·
Registered
9,412 Posts
Mogs you're a woman of many talents..Those would go lovely with the roast chicken I've got in the oven, due out shortly.

and I think I'll pass on the title of the thread thankyou :eek:

1 - 20 of 56 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.