Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Well angry with New look - anyone work there? Help!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by ad_1980, Jul 16, 2009.

1. ad_1980

ad_1980 PetForums VIP

Ok so i went to New Look to return a pair of jeggings but lost the reciept but i had bought it on my card so thought i'd be real helpful and get a statement to show proof of purchase - were the staff interested - hell no! apparently they needed the barcode details on the reciept!

Surely that's not right and i should've been offered a credit note or exchange!

I've just been on the phone to New Look Customer Services and they've offered an exchange or credit voucher - why couldn't the stupid staff think about that? Idiots!

I would prefer a refund but anything's better than the stupid treatment i recieved.

Now i'm happy that its been sorted out now but still really cheesed off by the treatment of the staff! I spent loads in there as well!

2. Savahl

Savahl Guest

Generally sales staff hands are tied by rules and till procedures. Alot of shops now cant run returns through the til without a reciept barcode.

Customer services always back down and they can simply do more things than staff can in alot of cases.

3. kittykat

kittykat PetForums VIP

I'm forever losing receipts but found Argos really good, they always say if you bring in a bank statement for proof of purchase thats OK.

It doesnt surprise me that they refused though, they dont inform their staff on these things.

4. Tigerneko

Tigerneko PetForums VIP

That is very true :)

I work in a shop (not for long though :D) and we can't go giving refunds and exchanges out willy nilly, because a lot of people take advantage of it. The staff probably weren't being nasty to you, they were just doing what they're told to do. I always have customers getting angry with me because of procedures that aren't up to me, it's the people above me that make them up and I just have to follow them, otherwise i'm in trouble.

If it was up to me (and most shop assistants) we wouldn't care about procedures, i'd give anyone a refund. But because we're the ones in front of the customers, it's us that takes the flack for things that aren't our decision. I'd give our customers stuff for free if it shut them up :rolleyes:

And i'm sure there's a perfectly good reason for them needing the bar code details - they may need to put it through the till to reverse the sale, or to scan it or something. They weren't doing it just to be awkward.

kittykat likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice