Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Welcome Molly

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Eithne, Mar 28, 2011.

1. Eithne

Eithne PetForums Member

I just thought I would introduce you to the new addition to our family Molly.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We finally got her today after being spayed on Friday. She is approximately 1 and half to 2 years old and a wee sweetie. She has made herself at home and is ruling the roost. Favourite spot so far is the sofa lying on top of her daddy but is partial to her new bed as well.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

my OH will kill me for putting his photo but i think its quite sweet. :eek:

2. Jackie99

Jackie99 PetForums VIP

Molly is very cute and looks at home already :) Is she a rescue?

3. jamie1977

jamie1977 Banned

lovely photos. did not take her long to steal the sofa :D

4. Rolosmum

Rolosmum PetForums VIP

Beautiful markings, she looks happy and settled!

5. theevos5

theevos5 PetForums VIP

Well done for giving Molly her new home and I bet she is going to have a great time with you,she looks like he has really settled well:)

6. Eithne

Eithne PetForums Member

Kind of, my O/H's brother was taken into hospital and will be in long term and we found out after that he had a dog by which time was taken in by the SSPCA. We decided we would take her in and we are so glad she did.

7. CarrieH

CarrieH PetForums Member

Oooh, she's rather gorgeous. Is she a whippet?

8. Cavalierlover123

Cavalierlover123 PetForums VIP

she gorgeous !! looks very content :p

9. Eithne

Eithne PetForums Member

Yes she is. We are delighted with her and she is ruling the roost already. The sofa is my OH's domain however, after a few hours it's her sofa and he is hanging onto the edge of the sofa for dear life :D Karma is brilliant

10. Amber Dawn

Amber Dawn PetForums Member

Hello Molly!

I love Whippets. There's a few we meet on our walks and it's so funny watching Dug try to keep up with them. In the end he gives up and just tries to 'lunge' at them instead as they zoom past :D

11. Malmum

Malmum PetForums VIP

Awe, she is beautiful and can see she's made herself at home already! :)

12. Eroswoof

Eroswoof Guest

Hello Molly! Lovely to meet you and I think your new mum is doing a grand job with you :D

Em
    xx

13. Nicky10

Nicky10 PetForums VIP

She's gorgeous congrats on your new family member

14. Eithne

Eithne PetForums Member

Thanks everyone.

It was very funny this morning watching my OH try to reason with her as she wouldn't budge from the sofa. He was explaining that she can have the sofa when he wasn't in or on a day off like today. I had to gently explain to him that she wasn't a child and she would just do what she liked.

I did however, recieve this photo today whilst at work, i think my OH still thinks she is child!

[​IMG]

She was left for a wee while tonight as we had to go to the hospital and she had a wee accident whilst we were out but I am sure as she settles down she will be fine.

15. s4simo

s4simo PetForums Member

First they'll take the sofa...then the duvet...then your heart! :D

16. Freyja

Freyja PetForums VIP

Not with a whippet in the house. Its a whippets right to lonuge around on the sofa if OH wants to do the same I'm afraid there is only one way to go about it and thats buy another sofa lol

Oh and one other thing whippets are addictive you start with 1 and end up with a house full 11 years ago we got our first I now have 8 adult whippets and 8, 7 week old whippets:D:D:D:D:D

17. Eithne

Eithne PetForums Member

I have tried telling him that, She hasn't been on the sofa tonight and is in her bed, he thinks he has won but I think she is lulling him into a false sense of security and will strike back in the "Battle of the Sofa" when he least expects it!

I am just in from taking her for her nightly walk and even though she was spayed on Friday, you wouldn't think so. She was taking me for a walk even though I was trying to slow her down. She can only be good for my waist line as once she is fully recovered the weight will fly off!

18. Freyja

Freyja PetForums VIP

She's lulling him into a sense of false security the calm before the storm.

This is what happens in my house and 2 are not there the 2 youngest were too busy playing to sit with the others.

[​IMG]

It was taken last year its not normally that bad they don't all sit there at the same time we wanted to get a photo of them all together but they would not cooperate hence the faces Tegan is pulling at the back. She is the pack boss and hates being crowded by the others they were invading her space.

19. artbyjune

artbyjune PetForums Newbie

Molly is lovely!

20. Eithne

Eithne PetForums Member

Freyja, your dogs are beautiful and so happy looking. Molly has discovered the bed and she was found in it twice this morning as I was getting ready for work! I have filled up a kong for her this morning and she seems to be quite interested in it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice