Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Welcome home silky pops

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by tashax, Oct 26, 2012.

1. tashax

tashax PetForums VIP

You have been at the cats protection since February 2011, you were so nervous no one saw you properly for 6 months, except me of course. I couldnt resist looking in your little box bed and i loved you as soon as i saw you. I didnt bring you home straight away as i just didnt know if i could cope with another, or if you would be able to settle here. But yesterday i bit the bullet and bought you home and i am pretty glad i did. You may have had a wee under the bed but that is fine, i know you have not been with a dog before and coming face to face with frey on the stairs last night was abit unexpected as i thought you were shut in your safe room. You hid for a while but i had to get you out, you were very worried about the wee you did but its easy to clean. I popped you on the bed whilst cleaning up and thought you would run off somewhere, how wrong was i?? That was at 1 o'clock this morning and you have only moved off the bed to have some biccie licks. I know you are an older lady and will always be on you kidney medication but i have never met a cat like you, i put your tablet on the floor next to you and you picked it up and ate it :eek: You already have a special place in my heart along with my other babies, so you are very very welcome to stay with us for as long as you want and i will be you happy doting slave until the day you leave us

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

nightkitten, buffie and Oscars mam like this.
  2. JordanRose

JordanRose Master of the Whingey Cat.

How lovely! :001_wub: I commend you for taking in an older, difficult to rehome cat, you're a star! Welcome to your wonderful retirement home, Silky :)

3. Rolacolacube

Rolacolacube Owned by 4 cats :)

What a lovely story and a beautiful kitty. She is lucky to have a slave like you. Lots of cuddles to you both xx

4. merlin12

merlin12 PetForums VIP

Lovely post, how old is she?

5. tashax

tashax PetForums VIP

I thought she was 8 but she is 11

6. Paddypaws

Paddypaws PetForums VIP

Oh flippin' heck tasha, you made me smudge my mascara!
    She is lovely and 11 is not old at all. Is she on Fortekor for her kidneys? Hopefully you will be able to get a prescription and buy it cheaply online. Please tell us more about her!

7. Oscars mam

Oscars mam PetForums VIP

Oh what a lovely heartwarming story :001_tt1::001_tt1: well done xx

8. Oscars mam

Oscars mam PetForums VIP

She's gorgeous btw :001_tt1:

9. AlfiesArk

AlfiesArk PetForums VIP

What is it with eveyone making me blub today!!! That was beautiful!!! Such a lucky kitty to have found an understanding new slave!! and such a pretty girl!

10. tashax

tashax PetForums VIP

Ohhh no she has some life in her, not old at all :D she was on fortekor but has been put on something new called benefortin.

Well she was in the centre a few years ago and was adopted out to an older lady, unfortuantly this ladys grandchildren (for want of a better word) terrorized her and she ended up getting a little claw happy (as you would :mad: ) and she was bought back. She is really really nervous and does have a habit of weeing if she is startled but that doesnt bother me in the slightest :)

11. Paddypaws

Paddypaws PetForums VIP

I am sure you are familiar with Tanya's wonderful CRF site, simply the best resource to help learn all about kidney issues.
    Aww she does sound like a nervous nellie the poor little thing.

12. MoggyBaby

MoggyBaby PetForums VIP

Oh what a gorgeous girl. And you are just the most wonderful person for taking her in.

Welcome to the forum Silky - make sure your new slave keeps us all updated on how you are diong, along with loads of photographs. :smile5:

13. merlin12

merlin12 PetForums VIP

It´s great that you see beyonfd her weeing problem, lots of people woudn´t and I love the fact that you adopted an almost oldie. Kudos:D

14. tashax

tashax PetForums VIP

After living the past 5 weeks up to my neck in kitten poop, not always solid i may add, a little wee is nothing haha

15. merlin12

merlin12 PetForums VIP

How true that is.

16. tashax

tashax PetForums VIP

Apparently she has been like that since she was with the 'grandkids' She is also very prone to urinary tract infections, they trigger when she is stressed :(

17. lymorelynn

lymorelynn UN Peacekeeper in training
    Staff Member

What a gorgeous lady she is :001_tt1: Congratulations on 'biting the bullet' and becoming her new slave :thumbup1:
    Poor girl - it doesn't sound as if she's had the best of lives :frown2:

18. buffie

buffie Mentored by Meeko

Welcome Silky,what a gorgeous girl you are.
    You probably wont realise it yet but your new, happy life began yesterday when you went home with your new slave.
    Enjoy it ,you deserve some happiness :D

19. DKDREAM

DKDREAM PetForums VIP

Awwwwww she is so lovely your such a kind person to offer her a home. Hope you have many happy years together.

20. sarahecp

sarahecp Crazy Cat Lady of Bucks

What a gorgeous girl :001_tt1::001_tt1: and a lovely story :)

I hope she settles in well. Look forward to hearing all about her and seeing lots more pics :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice