Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Welcome, Gracie!

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Treaclesmum, Nov 18, 2012.

1. Treaclesmum

Treaclesmum PetForums VIP

Or not, said Jumpy, when he first saw her in the garden run this morning!!! :eek:

He puffed himself up so much and approached her in a crab shape!!! Pixie puffed up as well and looked pretty scared. Gracie responded similarly, puffing herself up, and Jumpy gave some growls and hisses. Gracie made a few small noises too, and then Jumpy hurried off down the end of the garden :rolleyes:

Gracie meowed like she wanted to come out of the run, and it was a bit cold out there anyway, so I took her back indoors and up to my bedroom!!!

I was worried that Jumpy would refuse to come back, but he came back quite soon from the alley - and then decided to scale up all the fences to check she wasn't there! :hand:

Jumpy and Pixie have now calmed down and are enjoying their usual garden runabout. I think it was seeing her in the garden that upset them more than seeing her in the house last night!!! As she was outside, they thought she must be an 'intruder'. I will probably try again later to put her in her carrier so they can meet her, or even put the carrier inside the crate which we use for small kittens, but that will be this evening so that none of them get ideas about going outside again!! ;)

2. catcoonz

catcoonz PetForums VIP

oh dear, so not that good then. it will take time. maybe try again inside the home but do watch for fighting, hissing and growling is normal but you know where i am if needed.:)

3. MoggyBaby

MoggyBaby PetForums VIP

Don't forget your old socks for scent transferral. ;)

4. Treaclesmum

Gracie just met Pixie face to face!!! :thumbup1:

I was in my room with Gracie, and when I opened the door to leave, Pixie was out there looking interested in coming in. I looked at Gracie and she seemed interested too and came towards the door. So I let Pixie in, I knew they couldn't hurt each other, they're both tiny little girls!! :)

So they sniffed noses and then sat a bit hunched up and looked at each other for a few minutes, til Pixie gave a whiny meow so I let her go out of the room. But it was a brilliant first step!!!! :thumbsup:

Scent swapping continues!! :)

Gracie seems to relax a lot more when I put Classic FM on, she likes classical music! :)

As you can see, she feels quite at home in my bedroom!! :thumbup1:

Attached Files:

• G3.jpg
      G3.jpg
      File size:
      89.7 KB
      Views:
    • G1.jpg
      G1.jpg
      File size:
      81.9 KB
      Views:
    • G4.jpg
      G4.jpg
      File size:
      92.6 KB
      Views:
    • G5.jpg
      G5.jpg
      File size:
      105.2 KB
      Views:
  5. catcoonz

catcoonz PetForums VIP

sometimes indoor introductions goes better than outside in the pen.
    i have a 3yr old girl and the pen just wasnt working but as soon as i put them both in the lounge after a little hissing they became best friends. of course we do still have the temper when she is in season.:)

6. nicolaa123

nicolaa123 Riley

Isn't she just beautiful :D:D

7. MLB

MLB Guest

Nice to see some pics of her in her new home. I'm sure Gracie, Pixie and Jumpy will all get along soon. Think I must be in the minority where my cats accept other cats into the home straight away....well apart from Tabitha the lil minx but she started to come around after a few days.

8. Treaclesmum

I've just let her have a little wander around the house - Jumpy's still outside and Pixie was settled on her bed in the living room, so Gracie came down the stairs and had a nice little wander about! :)

Pixie was a bit startled at first, and got onto a higher perch, but then she settled and just watched Gracie, who basically took no notice of Pixie at all! :p

Pixie's still on her perch and Gracie has taken herself back to my bedroom now, but it was lovely to see them in the same room like that with no drama! :thumbup1:

9. we love bsh's

we love bsh's PetForums VIP

Her eyes are a smashing colour.
    She looks happy thats the main thing.:)

10. Treaclesmum

Gracie is currently exploring the front living room whilst Jumpy just watches her from his bed!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbup::thumbup:

I went in to see her but she sprang across the room and wanted to come out, obviously been getting a bit bored stuck in the safe room all day!!! So I let her have a wander downstairs, as the others were settled. For 5 minutes we had all 3 cats in the same room, but Pixie has now left the room. Jumpy remains curled round and contented, just watching - no hissing, no growling - whilst she explores the room!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbup::thumbup: I've been stroking him and he's been fine, doesn't even seem nervous! :)

Jumpy is a very special boy - He's so strong, and so clever, and he can have a scary growl when he chooses to use it, but he doesn't use it out of choice!!! He saves it for vets and people who he thinks might handle him roughly!! Other cats? Pah! He's just a pussycat!! :001_tt1: Well done, my beautiful brave boy - I knew you would love her!!!!! :001_wub:

11. sarahecp

sarahecp Crazy Cat Lady of Bucks

Sounds like it's going well :thumbup: and Gracie seems quite relaxed :) and looks happy :D

She's one beautiful girl :001_tt1::001_tt1:

12. MollyMilo

MollyMilo PetForums VIP

Does sound like its going well! Gracie is a gorgeous girl too!

13. jill3

jill3 PetForums VIP

seems like every thing is going well for your fury family.
    Gracie is so pretty. Her eye colour is very good.
    One Lovely girl :001_wub:
    I am sure Pixie and Jump are going Love having her as part of their family.

14. Oscars mam

Oscars mam PetForums VIP

Aw she is stunning I'm very jealous :001_tt1: they seem to be doing well so far :D

15. Treaclesmum

Thanks everyone, I am so happy that things are going so well!! :D :D

Jumpy has made a few noises at her, but they are just pottering around the house, and I think they both really want to play! :):)

Pixie is still on her high perch, so I've put her food bowl nearby so she can reach it if she wants. I'm sure she will soon start to relax with Gracie.

I am now thinking of getting a ready-made cat run which I can just put up in the garden and Pixie and Gracie can go in there when not supervised - they're both going to be tiny girls and Gracie is a ped so I wouldn't want them to learn Jumpy's Escapology tricks... ;)

16. Treaclesmum

OK perhaps that was a bit too much mingle time for the first day - I noticed Gracie running around looking nervous so I put her back into my bedroom, where she then tucked into some food. Couldn't find Pixie for a few minutes - she had obviously gone into hiding - but came out when she realised Gracie had gone elsewhere.

Jumpy on the other hand had been very serenely lying on his bed watching tv whilst Gracie wandered around, he was so relaxed that he let me tickle his tummy!!! :D

That's enough mixing until tomorrow, then hopefully Gracie and Pixie can start to get more comfortable with each other.

17. catcoonz

catcoonz PetForums VIP

they have all come along way and going well already, keep up the good work. im sure in a week they will be best friends. xx:)

18. chillminx

chillminx PetForums VIP

Aww, lovely pics TM -- what a really gorgeous girl Gracie is!:001_wub::001_wub: You are so lucky!!

I would love a BSH girly. :) My last one was such a sweetheart -- about the most loyal and loving cat I have ever had.

Sounds as though things are going pretty well with the intro's with Jumpy & Pixie -- brilliant! Hope the progress continues.:)

19. Treaclesmum

Here are some better photos of the lovely Gracie relaxing :) :)

Things are still going fairly well, with a few growls and mostly gentle hisses, although we almost had fisticuffs between her and Jumpy at dinner time this evening - she took a swipe at him!!! :eek:

Pixie is still quite nervous of her, so we are just going to give them shorter periods of mixing time like a couple of hours, rather than the whole evening together, as I think that will be better for all of them. She is back in my bedroom now and the others are relaxing downstairs! She loves sleeping on my bed at night, which is lovely as my other cats don't do that! :001_wub: Gracie's spay is now booked for Friday, so that should help them all to get on better too :)

Attached Files:

• G3.jpg
      G3.jpg
      File size:
      49.7 KB
      Views:
    • G5.jpg
      G5.jpg
      File size:
      68.9 KB
      Views:
    • G6.jpg
      G6.jpg
      File size:
      101.5 KB
      Views:
    • G7.jpg
      G7.jpg
      File size:
      98.8 KB
      Views:
  20. tincan

tincan PetForums VIP

What a gorgeous girl she is :001_wub:.... fantastic eye colouring , I think all will work out well in the end :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice