Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Weird weird person

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by SpringerHusky, Jan 26, 2012.

1. SpringerHusky

SpringerHusky PetForums VIP

There really is some blinking weird people out there :rolleyes:

My husband works at a dog daycare and boarding facility and i've got a job secured waiting for me there.

I feel sorry for them, they are always having staff problems from one going on holiday and never coming back to the most recent one, a girl who had worked with another daycare-one of their competition, she left after a year of working there because of drama. Started work-day 1, slow hardly done anything and 2nd day-same but half way though said she had to leave because of a headache :huh: and left, hubby got in and spoke with the boss about the new girl and she phoned at 11pm leaving a message to say she quit, no reason just that she quit.

My hubby is one of the only reliable staff they have, it's no wonder they are asking hubby all the time if they've heard anything from immigration about me, I worked there for 2 weeks and had no issues, I got on just fine and i'd never done anything like it before.

I don't understand people, it's an amazing job, pays more than any other daycare and it's supposed to be a jobless climate, well if it is why are they having such problems with weird staff? :(

2. Starlite

Starlite PetForums VIP

No idea but if you open one in Glasgow Im available for hire :D

3. SpringerHusky

:lol: i'll keep that in mind ;) mind you I may pinch Shorty if you did :p

4. Starlite

Starlite PetForums VIP

Didnt know you owned a van lol!

5. SpringerHusky

I didn't either :lol:

6. tinamary

tinamary PetForums VIP

Are the wages very low. Maybe there is not a lot of incentive for staff to feel apreciated.

7. SpringerHusky

No, they are not. My husband says they don't pay as much as when he worked on cars but they pay more than any doggy daycare around.

They also can get free pizza when they want (one of the dog owners has a deal-get's to bring dog in for free and they get free pizza when they like, it's very good pizza too)

as well as bringing their dog in to daycare and get free boarding if they go away :)

8. DoodlesRule

DoodlesRule PetForums VIP

Think where I work there is a flashing sign saying weirdos please apply here.

Had one girl who was normal in the morning but would go out at lunch and come back totally wasted, high as a kite!

another bloke was off sick supposed to come back on a certain date, even rang in to confirm but never turned up. So after couple of days rang to see what the score was, his mother burst into tears as father had been dropping him off for a week??

One girl put loads of extra hours in - turned out did nothing most of the time and the extra hours were to cover her track making false records pretending to have done the work - wtf why not just do it? :nonod:

9. SpringerHusky

:huh: yep sounds like you got 'em too

So aparently now the girl quite because it was too much of a commute...but her last job is further away :huh:

10. Waterlily

Waterlily Amused

Its to easy to jump on the dole lol, take away that and I bet they'd find workers :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice