UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went out with the girls as soon as it was light this morning, so 7:30 am.

I've always walked the girls in a proper park with lights and people around. Now it's farmers fields and no lights and people around.

Yes it was light, but very windy. I just felt a little vulnerable on a windy field with no one around... know it's weird,

G

·
Sounds about absoluteLy fabulous, but I can understand it being a bit unnerving if you are not used to it. Carry a torch or a walking stick with you while you get used to the area.

·
Registered
6,664 Posts
You will start to love these walks I bet once you get used to them, I went down to the beach this morning, I was going to go for a good run up the sand but the tide was higher than I expected. So we walked up the prom instead, I was disappointed as I was looking forward to my solitary windswept beach walk. But then I bumped into a friend and walked to the harbour with her two dogs. It was blustery but fun.

·
Registered
7,233 Posts
I am sure you will get used to your new found freedom and love it. It is bound to feel a little strange at first. It is lovely to have the world to yourself with just the dogs for company.

·
Registered
8,888 Posts
I love being alone with nobody around, it relaxes me a lot. If it makes you feel uncomfortable perhaps you could carry some things like a walking stick or long umbrella etc and see if it makes you feel more secure. :)

·
Registered
39,229 Posts
You will get used to it and learn to love it. Far less likely to meet any weirdos in the middle of the countryside than in a busy park.

·
Registered
7,618 Posts
It's really open and feels like the middle of nowhere so I can understand why you would get the heebie jeebies as you don't know your way around yet.

Personally I love it when it's just me, my dogs and no one else around. Maybe you will when you get used to it. Where you lived before there was no chance of any solitude so it may take a while to start to feel more secure.

I don't think you'll come to any harm up there. That was much more likely walking the streets where you lived before.

Take care xx

·
Registered
39,229 Posts
I guess I also need to find somewhere to go if it's too dark to go up there and I've got to walk them late/early
Once you become confident up there you'll feel so much better even if it's fairly dark. Perhaps some pavement walks where it is light that you can make 'training walks' would be good when it's pitch black until you find your feet?

·
Registered
3,516 Posts
Sounds like heaven to me :) I can understand why it unnerves you though, as suggested why not take a walking stick/large stick/umbrella that you can use to steady yourself until you get more used to it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.