Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Weight

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Maistaff, Jan 12, 2012.

1. Maistaff

Maistaff PetForums Senior

I was shocked to learn yesterday after my mum put Smarty on the scales (baby scales) that he is 20g shy of 4kilo's :eek::eek:

he is only 5 1/2 mths old - talk about monster kitten :eek::eek:

2. Ingrid25

Ingrid25 PetForums VIP

wow thats big:)

3. IzzyTwig

IzzyTwig PetForums Senior

Crikey that's nearly the same weight as my (almost) 3 year old cat Zu. :eek: My kitten Erebus is the same age 5 1/2 months and he's only 2.8kg. You certainly have a monster kitten on your hands :p

4. Kat1703

Kat1703 PetForums Senior

Yep, sounds like my Basil! Very big kitten (4kg) - although weirdly not fat but he does have this weird flappy small bit of skin which hangs on his belly just by his back legs - think it's normal though, have read that some kittens have this and grow into it - hope so!

Sybil on the other hand, who is the same age, about 6 months now - is about half his weight!

5. Oscars mam

Oscars mam PetForums VIP

Oscar has always had that flappy bit of skin and is now a whopper but still has it???

6. Kat1703

Kat1703 PetForums Senior

How strange! Glad to know basil's not the only one with a weird flappy bit though!

7. Maistaff

Maistaff PetForums Senior

Like your lad he is not fat, more long and very lean at the moment just like his mother. He does have lots of extra skin which he will grow in to but i just couldn't get over heavy he was.

I do know his litter brother HOratio isn't far behind him - all the kittens in his litter were big but he was always the biggest from day one :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice