Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Weight loss-how much?

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by kat&molly, Apr 15, 2011.

1. kat&molly

kat&molly PetForums VIP

Jay our JRT has been doing really well since being on the Metacam and shes moving around great. We've bought some new electronic scales today and if they are right compared to the vets then she's lost 750 grams. I can see shes lost a bit. We started the diet and meds on the 19th march. Its great that at last we're going in the right direction,but does anyone know if this is good or should we have seen more by now please?

Shes having an hours walk a day, sometimes I can talk her into joining us on the second!!

2. rona

rona Guest

I would think that that is an amazing weight loss for one month :thumbup:
    How much has she got to lose?

3. kat&molly

kat&molly PetForums VIP

Wow, thank you Rona, thats made my day. I wasn't sure how much was good!!
    Sadly she's still got another massive 2-3 kilos to lose but at this rate we'll get there now.:D

4. Emmastace

Emmastace PetForums VIP

Hi
    Mia has lost exactly 2kg but that is over a three month period and she is a much bigger dog so 750g in about three weeks sounds excellant to me for a littlie.
    I feel awful cutting Mia's food back but it is best for her so have to do it. I was thinking that it would be best to take it slow but sure in the same way we would if we wanted to lose weight.

Well done the pair of you and let us know how he gets on xxx

5. kat&molly

kat&molly PetForums VIP

Thank you Emma:) Definatly sounds like we're doing well- or Jay is anyway.
    She isn't noticing the food because I've kept her on rations for years:(
    I always knew something wasn't right - but the vets thought I overfed or underexercised her!!!
    The grumpy little git might make old bones yet:D

P.s congratulations on Mia's weight loss.:p

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice