Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Weight limit issue

Discussion in 'Horse Riding and Training' started by vlad serbanescu, Nov 22, 2015.

1. vlad serbanescu

vlad serbanescu PetForums Newbie

Hello everybody,

My name is Vlad, I have recently relocated to London, and I am having real trouble finding a riding school remotely close to London that would be able to accommodate a rider my size. I am a former rugby player, I am 6ft tall and 16.5 stones fully equipped, I am an intermediate rider, and the only place I was able to find a horse big enough is in Devon. The people there were amazingly friendly and helpful and I always feel welcomed there... I simply love that place, however it's quite far from where I live. Recently I have been given a list of riding schools around London that would have bigger horses and I am sad to say I added another 38 schools to my initial list of 72 places I rang before being able to find Leslie's riding school in Westbury...
    I know there is another thread started back in 2009 by someone who was having the same issues - I decided to start a new one as I've seen that the owner has not replied for a long time.

The only two places I wasn't firmly turned down where Westbury and Lake District... both a very long way from home. So I am reaching out to you for some piece of advice... would you happen to know anyone/any place closer to London that would be willing to help me out?

Thank you in advance for all your help

2. Golden memories

Golden memories PetForums Junior

I know this was posted some time ago but have you tried Eastminster school of riding in Romford. I learned to ride there as a child, it's easy access from London and nice horses.

3. Wiz201

Wiz201 PetForums VIP

that's a shame. 16.5 stone intermediate rider should be ok as you are reasonably balanced and will therefore be easier for a horse to carry rather than a beginner with no balance.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice