Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Weeping/Tearful eye on my old mogglet!

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by scratch339, Feb 13, 2008.

1. scratch339

scratch339 PetForums Newbie

Hi everyone, great forum you have here...was hoping someone could offer some advice about a little problem with my cat?

She is a neutered 11yo moggy. In perfect health apart from this.

On and off (for the last year or so) one of her eyes produces a lot of 'tears' meaning she always has a wet patch under her eye. Her eye is not crusted up and she is not in any discomfort or pain. just recently we have noticed that it is happening more often than in the past.

Its not a thick, gungey or coloured discharge, just eye water. Have read a few posts about cat conjunctivitus but faaairly sure its not that as its only in one eye and our other cat (they are sisters who sleep together... when not knocking 7 bells outta each other) is fine with no eye problems at all.

Any ideas or suggestions gratefully received :)

2. Siamese Kelly

Siamese Kelly PetForums VIP

Hi and welcome:) Not come across this problem before so can't offer any advice except for try cleaning the eye as you would a baby's eyes and see how it goes:)If your still concerned speak to your vet:) Sorry can't be of more help,hope you get sorted:)

3. I think its better to ask your Vet to take a swab - just in case....

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice