Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Weekend in Derbyshire - We survived! - Photos

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Milliepoochie, May 1, 2011.

1. Milliepoochie

Milliepoochie PetForums VIP

Wow What a weekend. After a stresful start (makita sliping his collar before leaving on Fri morning)

To begin with I am soooo proud of Millie and Makita. Millie was not car sick once :D:D:D and Makita only once (but I caught it in his water bowl so it doesnt count!) :eek::eek:)

Millie was perfect in the hotel :) Makita had a couple of barking instances during the night on night one, but we stopped this by keeping him on a lead attached to our bed so he couldnt go to the door to bark! Hehe so it only happened the once on the second night.

Makita has met sooo many dogs over the last three days and we have had minimal fuss. This afternoon we went to Carsington Water and we met a lovely family with a Rottie. Their 6 year old said hello to Makita, and Makita randomly gave the toddlar his paw!!! :):) I was so proud and the little boy thought it was fantastic the dog gave him a 'high five'! We spoke to the couple for about 10 minutes and got so many wonderful looks from people with our three dogs together! Millie has been running around like a loon all 3 days :) and was so well behaved. She gaves us one scare when she randomly lept over a dry stone wall (Not on her lead thank goodness)and it had a 6 foot drop the other side! She landed perfectly and looked so pleased with herself. Until i said 'Millie come here!'. She ran the length of the wall and looked lost, espcially when she noticed the cows in the field approaching her! She found a slightly lower point and managed to scramble up on her own! I wish I had photos it was an impressive jump up and down! We always said she was part Kangaroo! My OH was so relieved he didnt have to go and rescue! :D:D

Here are some of my favourite pictures (Please note there are more of Makita as I had the camera and Millie was with me!) There is no favourtism I promise. :D:D

Makita had an obbsession with the dry stone walls, every single one he had to look over! It was funny for the first hour of the first day!
    [​IMG]

Makita realising he also fits on top of the walls!
    [​IMG]

Meeting the locals :)
    [​IMG]

Makita and my OH at Black Rocks
    [​IMG]

Makita and Millie and Makita at the top :)
    [​IMG]

Makita showing my OH the best way down! Me and MIllie took the low road :)
    [​IMG]

Me with both of them 1/2 way up Black Rocks (OH was doing some non 4 pawed exploring!)
    [​IMG]

Makita admiring the view
    [​IMG]

A certain boy looooved the river at Dove Dale, we couldnt keep him out of it.
    [​IMG]

Millie ventured in to join him :)
    [​IMG]

This picture shows how much energy Makita had! and his lunge line was at half length. He never took the easy routes he had to go up and down every hill. When we stopped to take pictures he just kept running around us. I dont think he could believe the amount of space hehe.
    [​IMG]

Our handsome boy!
    [​IMG]

And the best bit --- Tired Pups!

[​IMG]

Not that my girl is spoilt and got to sleep on the hotel sofa hehe :D
    [​IMG]

Thank You for looking. We had such a great weekend and cannot believe that when we first got Makita that my OH siad we should just take Millie as it may be to hard with him (not liking car, reacting to over dogs, chasing anything which moves etc etc!). I feel like we have really bonded with him over the last couple of days and that he is looking at us in a slightly different way. (A little bit of fondness is definately starting to come from a dog to human direction!).

2. Eroswoof

Eroswoof Guest

:D So glad you all had a nice time. I like the 'showing the way down one of makita' and the meeting the locals one best :D

xxxx

3. Dogless

Dogless PetForums VIP

Sounds like you had a fantastic time and am so pleased to hear that you are bonding well with Makita...he looked like he was in his element.

4. Jackie99

Jackie99 PetForums VIP

Really amazing pictures, glad it all turned out to be enjoyable in the end for you, the dogs obviously enjoyed every minute of the adventure and thanks for sharing them with us :)

5. Milliepoochie

He has such a strong confident stance in the 'Showing the way down one' :) I was petrified watching from the bottom! but Makita loved it, as we went to walk down he kept trying to take my OH back up!

6. Milliepoochie

It was to busy at all. We went to Dova Dale on the Friday (whilst the wedding was on!) and it was really pleasent, Millie was off lead all day.

The Stones we literally went just up to the stones and down as we had already walked 12 miles that morning an we were all so tired. hmmm not that Makita looked it hehe

7. sailor

sailor PetForums VIP

Fantastic pics, I fell like I`ve been spoilt in millie and makita pics now :D
    Looks and sounds like you all had a fantastic time, thanx for sharing

8. Milliepoochie

We went straight over :) Sounds like we were very lucky :)

9. Milliepoochie

I can get abit carried away hehe I find this site soooo addictive :):)

10. Nellybelly

Nellybelly PetForums VIP

waht lukcy dogs to go on a holiday! great pics!

11. portiaa

portiaa PetForums VIP

Beautiful pictures! :)

12. XxZoexX

XxZoexX PetForums VIP

Fantastic pics, Look like you all thouroughly enjoyed it :thumbup:

13. Pointermum

Pointermum PetForums VIP

Great photo's

14. Hb-mini

Hb-mini PetForums VIP

Lovely photos, looks like you had a fantastic time. xx

15. Bex190

Bex190 PetForums VIP

Great pics, good to see you all enjoyed yourselves.:D

Yes the "got to look over the wall" routine gets old pretty quickly, we walk around black rocks twice a day every day and Otto still has to look over or walk along every single dry stone wall!

Alfie also believes in blindly leaping over walls which has got him into trouble a few times!.

16. shells

shells PetForums VIP

fab pics hun x

17. BeagleOesx

BeagleOesx PetForums VIP

Gorgeous pics, really pleased you all had a lovely time.

18. Cockerpoo lover

Cockerpoo lover PetForums VIP

Great photos- they looked like they were having lots of fun.

Loved the ones in the water and Millie fast asleep on the sofa all wrapped up.:001_smile:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice