Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Weekend in Derbyshire :-) Cant Wait!

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Milliepoochie, Apr 8, 2011.

1. Milliepoochie

Milliepoochie PetForums VIP

Well a few months back we booked a weekend away in Matlock Bath, (South of Matlock in Derbyshire) at a pet friendly hotel. The idea being its only 2.5 hours away and mainly on the M1 (Less chance of Millie being ill in the car on straight roads).

I phoned them up this morning and asked for more details about their dog policy and whether we can add another dog to the room. They wernt sure but the manager phoned back and said if we are happy to pay a £20 surcharge for both the dogs it's fine. They have special rooms which go out onto their gardens for people visiting with dogs. :) The ony down sid is one of us will have to go collect breakfast and bring it back to the room unless we want to go to breakfast seperately (As you cant leave the pooches in the room for obvious reasons).

As if I care hehe I am so excited that our romantic walking weekend away has been hijacked by Makita and he can come with us.:D

We are planning on visiting Dove Dale and going on lots of really long walks :) The OH convinced me that we will be fine taking Makita and if he needs to he will it up all night holding his lead so he doesnt cause havoc in the room!

Haha its making me giggle already, me, the OH, Millie and our new Bear all sleeping in the same room!!!! :D

2. momentofmadness

momentofmadness PetForums VIP

Can you not leave them if you were to crate them?

3. Milliepoochie

No but to be honest it doesnt bother me. We are going purly for the walking and because the Royal Wedding has given us the friday off. We are likely to be out most the day and they should both be so knackered I dont think they will be a problem. :)

Although for our Honeymoon in August we are going to Snowdonia to our friends cottage (we cancelled our fancy cottage we hired with pool / sauna as they we getting funny about Millie let alone Makita!). Our friend has said we are more than welcome to leave them in her cottage as we would at home. :) So we can have human time as well as dog time :) Perfect Honeymoon if you ask me :) At least I wont be worrying about them :)

4. babycham2002

babycham2002 PetForums VIP

Thats fantastic
    What a nice little holiday for you all

5. Kinjilabs

Kinjilabs PetForums VIP

Hope you have a good time, just hope its not the one we stayed at:eek:

6. shibby

shibby PetForums VIP

Sounds fabulous! Hope you have a wonderful time! (I'm sure you all will) :)

7. Milliepoochie

Dare I ask the name of the Hotel you stayed at? :eek: I'm worried now!

8. wiley80

wiley80 Guest

I live in matlock,its a great place and theres lots of lovely walks for the dogs....enjoy :D

9. Milliepoochie

Hehe if you see an Akita and a Mini Rottie on 29th April its me :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice