Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Weekend in Carnforth - *Pic Heavy*

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by JenKyzer, Sep 26, 2013.

1. JenKyzer

JenKyzer PetForums VIP

Just a few snaps of Willow loving her offlead .. 'walks' .. (Aka - Zooms!!) - Snaps come after my ramblings on..

We got there late evening friday.. Willow's been before and she just seemed soo excited to be back! Was nice to have her attached to her long line to go in and out of the caravan as she pleased :)

Saturday.. we had everything to ourselves almost :D Only had to lead up willow no more than 3 times; she did have her muzzle on at first incase other dogs flew over to her, but they didn't and everyone seemed in control of their dogs (Yes you read correctly! a place where people keep there dogs in control!! :eek6::yikes:.. !! :laugh:) She had no grumbles.. just a few stares but then she was more interesting in chasing the birds and wondering why the water kept getting her paws even though she wasn't in it - obviously i explained the word 'Tide' to her ;)

We met a lady who leaded up her German Shepard .. i saw her lead up in the distance and obv we lead up anyway but i said to OH 'i bet her dog isnt good with others, shes leading them up' ... first thing the lady said 'Is your dog not good with others neither?' :laugh: We both spotted the signs in each other :D We got talking.. her dog was so behaved.. Willow had a bark but tail was wagging and no lunges so we just moved on. (Sad story, ladys partner had passed away and she was struggling to find a home that allows dogs.. she was worrying she would have to rehome him :( Bless him, he just sat there so nicely with his pink sqeaky ball and dropped it at my feet for me to play.. this is when willow barked :rolleyes:.. he didn't even take any notice of her though to say he wasn't good with other dogs - hope he gets to stay with the lady!)

Sunday.. the sun was out sooo the whole world and his dog had descended upon the beach :rolleyes: Willow didn't cope well in some parts.. but OH didn't help with this at all :mad2: 'setting her up to fail' :mad: so we had lunges and lots of pulling but i really can't blame her :(... She had to stay onlead too.. but some of the walk was nice when we kept out the way and went nearer to the sea :)
    A guy with a rottie x lab stopped us and wanted to talk... he asked if Willow was spayed.. OH said yes.. 'Oh mines neutered too..' then before i could even say 'she doesn't like others really' his dog was in her face!! But.. it went well, phew. They sniffed, willow bowed and wagged her tail.. then they just ignored each other :) His dog was a rescue and he was nice to talk to :)

The cafe on the beach is ultra dog friendly too.. the owner came out giving biscuits to Willow and fussing her :) .. (He didn't ask if it was ok :rolleyes: but i let that pass by as Willow was behaving with other dogs around her with their owners too) Willow also got 'Ohh what a lovely Dogue d Bordeaux!! ' from someone :001_rolleyes: ...

Anyway.. tons of rambling :eek:!! Heres the main bit :D ....

First three are my favorite pics of the weekend :)

Chasing away the birds
    [​IMG]

Stand and pose
    [​IMG]

a lil bit wet
    [​IMG]

Oooh whats in here...
    [​IMG]

.. it gets abit deeper!
    [​IMG]

Havin a good mucky roll :rolleyes:
    [​IMG]

Nice freedom offlead
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Quick whats down here but keep up!
    [​IMG]

I got stuck in sinking sand/gunk! Up to my knee.. OH was panic-ed.. and i couldn't move for laughing and sinking.. so i got as messy as Willow :rolleyes:
    [​IMG]

We met some creatures..
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Saw a little sunset
    [​IMG]

Then these two were flat out at 10pm that night!
    [​IMG]

Thanks for looking :)

2. owns the beast

owns the beast PetForums Senior

Lovely pictures. Willow is GORGEOUS!!! :001_wub:

JenKyzer likes this.
  3. tiatortilla

tiatortilla PetForums VIP

Aw Willow looks like she's having so much fun! Lovely pictures :).

4. SLB

SLB PetForums VIP

Does she not try to fetch herself with the ball attached? :lol:

Lovely photos! Great that she got some offlead time :)

5. JenKyzer

JenKyzer PetForums VIP

Yeah lots of fun was had.. that's where she gets the most excited and just really loves being there :)

:laugh: She'd lost interest in the ball.. it was wet, soggy and mucky.. so she had to look after it herself :D

6. cravensmum

cravensmum PetForums VIP

Lovely to see my old walking place.

I used to live at Morecambe and used to walk round there most days.

I really miss it,and always stop off there on my way to visit my dad.:)

7. Dogless

Dogless PetForums VIP

Love the ball attached to Willow, good idea!! Sounds and looks like you had a very fun, very eventful time!! :D.

8. GingerRogers

GingerRogers PetForums VIP

Oh lovely pictures how wonderful for Willow to get all that space to run and chase birds :D

9. JenKyzer

JenKyzer PetForums VIP

I'm even a tad jealous that this used to be your daily walk! It's amazing :) I love it when others know where we've been, glad you have enjoyed this place too :D

10. kat&molly

kat&molly PetForums VIP

Glad she enjoyed it, loved her chasing the birds away :D

11. BlueJay

BlueJay Pack of Losers

Lovely pics, looks like loads of fun!
    I especially like that sleepy pic - so cute :)

12. westie~ma

westie~ma ~ In my shed ~
    Staff Member

Willow is gorgeous

JenKyzer likes this.
  13. tazsdad

tazsdad PetForums Senior

I used to live in carnforth.just to let you know its a great walk down the canal all the way to morecam with a nice canal side pub halfway.enjoy.

14. JenKyzer

JenKyzer PetForums VIP

We saw the canal on the way home with all the boats moored up :) We said we'd go that way next time we go up there and stop at the caravan.. Hopefully can get longer than a weekend in next time then we can venture more :D Thanks for the tip.. my grandad informed me the best cafe breakfast is in morcambe so i'm sure a nice walk down the canal to that will be on the cards :p

15. Hanwombat

Hanwombat I ♥ dogs with eyebrows !!

Hehe love the one of him lying out flat on the wet grass :D

16. Burrowzig

Burrowzig PetForums VIP

I live a few minutes away from where those pics were taken and walk there often. One thing your pictures show is the current extreme coastal erosion, all those lumps of mud were saltmarsh just a couple of years ago, and a bit longer ago you used to be able to walk out half a mile on grass there. People do tend to be responsible with their dogs in the area. Glad you enjoyed it. Next time, do walk the canal - you'll go past the end of my garden (across the canal, the one with the agility stuff in) near Lancaster, and you really must go to Silverdale. It's just magic!

17. Burrowzig

Burrowzig PetForums VIP

The canal doesn't go to Morecambe. It goes to Hest Bank then heads east to Lancaster, then south to Garstang.

18. MariaB

MariaB PetForums Member

Willow is absolutely gorgeous!

I like all the pics but the second one is the one that took my eye. The colour of Willow in contrast with the background is really nice :)

19. Freddie and frank

Freddie and frank PetForums VIP

Fabulous pictures.
    Willow is gorgeous and the most amazing colour. :001_tt1:

20. Pupcakes

Pupcakes Lady of The Terrors.

Aaaaaw love the photos! Its great to see them!

Sorry I havent replied back to your message yet, my memory is so crap :eek: Are you on Facebook at all? xxx

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice