UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay guys I know this is early, I really do but I couldn`t resist :001_tt2: I am going to start the next comp when I get the PM about the theme :eek:

Okay Last weeks (Week 40) theme was "And they call it puppy love"
And the winner was babycham2002
And babycham2002 chosen theme for this week is
In the abstract

So rules
* One photo per person
* It must be your own photograph or you must have owners permission
* No photoshop allowed other than a simple crop or to block out a persons face
* Entry is to be done by PM to me New Puppy Mum
* Entries will close at 8pm on Sunday 14th October 2012
* Winner announced on Wednesday 17th October 2012
* Winner decides next week theme
* Only the first 40 entries will be entered into the competiton
* One vote per person
* No claiming which photos are yours, unless I have already announced the winner
* No guessing who`s photo is who`s until I announce the winner
* No PMing people to vote for so and sos photo
* Please try to remain as unbiased as possible when voting
* Double check you have viewed all photos before voting
* Cheaters will be disqualified
* Voting is anonymous
* The winner(s) recieve rep from everybody in the comp.

Enter now! :D

·
Follow me on @popuppetstop on insta
4,131 Posts
i am a little confused with this theme, what kind of photos?

·
Registered
7,618 Posts
I found this

abstract

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/abstract#wordorgtop
ab·stract

   [adj. ab-strakt, ab-strakt; n. ab-strakt; v. ab-strakt for 10–13, ab-strakt for 14] Show IPA
adjective 1. thought of apart from concrete realities, specific objects, or actual instances: an abstract idea.

2. expressing a quality or characteristic apart from any specific object or instance, as justice, poverty, and speed.

3. theoretical; not applied or practical: abstract science.

4. difficult to understand; abstruse: abstract speculations.

5. Fine Arts . a. of or pertaining to the formal aspect of art, emphasizing lines, colors, generalized or geometrical forms, etc., especially with reference to their relationship to one another.

b. ( often initial capital letter ) pertaining to the nonrepresentational art styles of the 20th century.
So that's as clear as mud then :confused:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Well I now have a photo sent in for the theme and I have decided best to my knowledge I would like photos of dogs emphasizing e.g. with their nose in the camera, running etc basically any good shots of your dogs :)

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
lol I googled "Abstract Art" and looked at the images.. It's sort of... different. Not sure how you'd describe it. Quite hard to do without editing the pic, but I think I have a suitable pic.. sort of :eek:

·
Registered
463 Posts
Like a dog running on the ceiling?

Can anyone's dog do that?!

I'm unsure, maybe this is something like... Dogs doing Human things.

For example George is currently sat at the table with his reading glasses, doing his crossword and sipping his mug of tea :rolleyes:

Can't wait to see this weeks once we know what it is :eek:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes dogs doing human things might be a good one, though not quite dogs on the ceiling :p If your dog can do that please contact Guinness world records :D

·
Registered
463 Posts
Yes dogs doing human things might be a good one, though not quite dogs on the ceiling :p If your dog can do that please contact Guinness world records :D
These were just ideas of what the 'in the abstract' theme might be.

If George could run on the ceiling, I'd assume there was something wrong with the laws of gravity in my house!

sJ

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
These were just ideas of what the 'in the abstract' theme might be.

If George could run on the ceiling, I'd assume there was something wrong with the laws of gravity in my house!

sJ
Yeah Abstract Art is very different, very emphasized features so that would be what the theme is about I guess, emphasized features.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
WOW!.... cant wait to see the entries for this one :D

ETA: just been through all my pics and cant find one that fits the bill, mine are all boring, dont seem
to be able to "capture" any exciting ones :(
Sadly there hasn`t been very many entries at all so far, hoping it will pick up before tonight ! :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.