Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Weeing on my sofa

Discussion in 'Rabbits' started by Lucy Locksley, Apr 5, 2019.

1. Lucy Locksley

Lucy Locksley PetForums Newbie

Hi all!

My rabbit is about 10 months old & is litter trained. He has his litter tray, doesn't wee or poop in his cage however keeps weeing on the sofa. I clean the sofa every time he wees on it & he knows immediately that he's done something wrong (he runs to his litter tray after he's weed inappropriately & looks very sheepish). I've had the sofa deep cleaned and he still does it so I don't think it's a smell thing. It's only every now and then but is becoming more frequent & my sofa is really taking a beating! I'm out of ideas as to how to stop this behaviour!

Any help is very greatly appreciated!

Lucy

2. bunnygeek

bunnygeek PetForums VIP

Unfortunately some rabbits just feel soft and squidgy under their feet and it has to be peed on. They also have a very strong sense of smell so smell is going to be a part of it.

The best you an really do is either prevent the bun jumping up there or use blankets and puppy pads to make it easier to clean up!

3. Katharine07

Katharine07 PetForums Newbie

My rabbit, chives, used to do that. She used to jump up and immediately pee, so from now on we don’t her allow her on it, and that solves the problem! ;)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice