Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

wee,s when approached

Discussion in 'Dog Training and Behaviour' started by icybabe, Jan 30, 2008.

1. icybabe

icybabe PetForums Newbie

i took on a border collie bitch who is now 7 mths old, since having her if when i get up i go toward her she will cower and wee,and same happaens when my15 yr son come s in and say shello, i have tried to come down to her level or allow her to approach me but as soon as i first talk to her she wee,s is there anyway i can stop this as i have to keep washing her bedding daily and cleaning the carpet apart from tht she is fully house trained and does all her business outside...advise appreciated. thank you in advance:)

2. ilovesharpei

ilovesharpei PetForums Member

this is a exreamly submissive and terror reaction, you may find that it takes a bit of time to get used to you.
    do you know how she was treated before you got her.?
    try ignoring her and making no eye conyact when you go in the room and having a piece of food in you hand and placing it near you. then progress slowly until she will take it from you still no eye contact.
    once she has accepted you as pack leader she will know that she does not need to fear you.
    hope this helps!

3. carol

carol PetForums VIP

i totally agree there
    she may have been miss treated some way,
    its a slowly slowly with her :)
    love to see some pic's when you can

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice