Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Webbox Chub Roll

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by George W, Oct 11, 2021.

1. George W

George W PetForums Newbie

I was feeding my dog with Webbox Beef chub roll mixed with kibble, she loved it.

Then lately she has been off her food and suffering from the runs.

I knew she was intolerant to chicken so I never bought chicken food.

I looked at the packaging and found out that the Webbox Beef Chub roll is now made from chicken with beef flavouring. I looked on the web and found that all Webbox Chub roll is made from chicken and then flavoured.

I think some of these companies want your dog to be ill.

niamh123 and lullabydream like this.
  2. lullabydream

lullabydream PetForums VIP

Companies expect to know the rules of what they can or can't get away with, chicken flavour means exactly. Flavoured meat, 4% is usually the amount put in

As someone whose dogs cannot tolerate chicken its usually best to read labels before you buy. Online as a rule usually lists the food too.

BlueJay and Lurcherlad like this.
  3. George W

George W PetForums Newbie

The Webbox Chub Roll displayed on Morissons website had the old wrapping on saying 45% real meat - Beef. Not Beef flavoured chicken.

4. DanWalkersmum

DanWalkersmum watching the world go by

Such a lot of dog food has chicken in it in some form or other, you need to be so careful when your dog has allergies. I hope you find something she likes as much with no chicken in it.

Lurcherlad likes this.
  5. lullabydream

Isn't chicken meat. Yes.
    I take it you mean this
    https://www.qdstores.co.uk/products...tm02Qru3Th3a3xJQMvC_L6vRG2Rp1cIaAnOvEALw_wcB#
    Repeating myself again but it states flavour on the roll itself..
    The meat percentages are usually marketing and a ploy.

You won't get anything as cheap as chub rolls, chicken free

niamh123 and Lurcherlad like this.
  6. BlueJay

BlueJay Pack of Losers

No iteration of the chub roll packaging states 45% beef, nor does the morrisons website.
    Both either state simply "meat" or specify chicken.

[​IMG]

Beef (or any other meat) flavour simply means it has a minimum percentage of beef in, and that percentage need only be low. Regulations are fairly strict on the terminology used on packaging, though I can't quite remember the percentages that go with each words; "x flavour", "rich in x", "with x" etc.
    Manufacturers are free to change up their ingredients from batch to batch providing they still fall within the correct terminology on their packaging.

If your dog is sensitive to certain ingredients, it's down to you to know how to properly read and interpret ingredients labels, not just see the word beef and run with it :)

7. Linda Weasel

Linda Weasel PetForums VIP

A few months ago I was looking for a kibble that had none of the ingredients I was feeding at the time. My dog seemed to maybe have some food intolerances so , amongst other things, I was looking for no trace of chicken.

I found that even some fish flavour foods (eg Salmon and Sweet Potato) actually still had some form of chicken in. One listed ‘chicken fat’ way down in the list of ingredients.

You’ve got to look really closely.

8. lullabydream

It's so annoying, am sick of salmon oil in everything too.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice