Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Weather loach help!

Discussion in 'Fish Keeping Chat' started by Clod, Jan 25, 2019.

1. Clod

Clod PetForums Newbie

Hi, I'm new to this website and am seeking advice.
    I have a weather loach named frank and have had him for over a year, he seemed perfectly fine until yesterday...
    He appears to have a lump on his back, close to where his fins are, along with this he is floating at the top of the water but he is perfectly coloured and has no skin issues. He swims around fine and goes to the bottom of the tank and seems his happy playful self bit then he averts to the top again.. any advice is appreciated!
    Thank you x

2. NaomiM

NaomiM Love my furry, feathered and finned family

Hi,

Could we have a little more info please?

How big is the tank, how many fish and what types?
    How long has the tank been set up?
    Have you tested for ammonia, nitrite and nitrate? If so, what are the results?
    Any recent changes to anything in the tank?

3. Clod

Clod PetForums Newbie

Thank you for responding! It turns out he was very fond of the bubbles that come out of the filter and he tried to eat them, this caused him to gather too much oxegen which is what caused the lump, it was just the air pulling him up, I e changed the filter and he's back to his normal playful self!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice