UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sooty is 19 days old now and I am getting prepared to wean her. She is still steadily gaining 10-20g a day. She is getting very mobile now and she has cut her fang teeth.

When do you know to start introducing gruel like food? And how quick do you change consistence xx

Here's the latest pic of her :smile:

Attachments

·
Registered
8,181 Posts
Does she have a mother? I just feed my girls in the kitten pen and around 4 weeks the little ones find the food and just start eating, I don't actually do anything. Mine eat raw and canned, nothing watered down.

G

·
Kittens don't need anything gruel like. Once they are ready to consume meat they'll just do it. The kitten will benefit from milk along side meat for a while yet as well. If it does have a mother then allow it to continue feeding for as long as possible making sure all parties are happy with the situation.

When I had kittens they began exploring the food bowl at around 4 weeks which is 28 days old, so I think your kitten is a bit too young still.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes she does and I was getting really confused with what to do but thankfully you guys have really cleared it up

I have kitten milk, wet food and dry for when she is a little older.
Xxx

·
Registered
14,011 Posts
beautiful kitten, shes growing nicely.
you will find she will copy mum and start to eat from 4 weeks old, you have nothing to worry about yet.
when they start to notice food they walk in it and get very messy.
enjoy, she is a stunning baby.:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.