Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

weaning help

Discussion in 'Cat Breeding' started by serenitylove, May 27, 2010.

1. serenitylove

serenitylove PetForums Member

i have a litter of 5 and started weaning a week ago 4 of them are scoffing like they never been fed lols but one wont touch it i had this with my last litter and tried tuna once it was eating this added it to kitten food untill it was on just the kitty food but this one wont touch tuna or chicken either its mouth is fine but im a bit stumped as to what else to try

2. leashedForLife

how old is the litter, hun? :huh: don;t try to force the issue, let the kitten see the others gobble; if the baby is physically OK,
    i would not fret over one slow hiccup - all else being normal.

most purebreds in Canada are not homed till they are 12-WO - this makes a much-more cat-social cat, for their lives long.
    ;) how old are Urs when U put them up as available?
    --- terry

3. billyboysmammy

billyboysmammy PetForums VIP

how old are they hun?

are they still feeding from mum too? or is he literally starving?

Have you tried warming the food up a little to make it more appetising and smelly?

Have you tried some raw mince (sometimes this will stimulate a kitten better than anything), or putting some salmon oil on food?

Mixing food with kitten milk?

sorry for all the questions x

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice