Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

We may have had a small breakthrough...

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by McSquirtle, Jan 23, 2012.

1. McSquirtle

McSquirtle PetForums Senior

So almost 4 months after I brought Lola home, her and Oscar had some play time in the garden yesterday. He normally doesn't go anywhere near her and hisses if she gets too close, but yesterday they were hiding behind the plants and batting each other. Oscar was still nervous after he'd touched her :lol: he'd go for her and then run away like she was diseased. I think having the space of the outdoors helped and I'm confident that when she's going out properly their relationship might improve further :D This is a big improvement from the first month when he would growl at the mere scent of her! It was difficult to see whether he wanted to actually hurt her but she was well behaved and was quite submissive. He even sniffed her face last night, although I'm sure it was just because she smelt of food!
    However, on the food front - its not going so well. I bought the taster pack of Smilla and they arrived this weekend. All cats initially approached with enthusiasm. Now they're picking the old food from the mixture and leaving the Smilla :( Any tips or just keep persevering?

#1 McSquirtle, Jan 23, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2012
  2. Treaclesmum

Treaclesmum PetForums VIP

It probably did help that they were outdoors, as the fresh air would've taken away the other's scent and they had more personal space :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice