Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

We Loved Agility!

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by PoisonGirl, Apr 6, 2011.

1. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

It was fab!

Dixie was a bit distracted at first, and really hyper cause she couldn't wait to get going! But she was soon getting into it and was really good :)

We started of working on direction, so there was 5 jumps in a circle and we had to go clockwise then anti clockwise. Then we did the flat walkways, concentrating on contact points and then to the raised walkway. Dixie went too fast the first time and jumped off before the white bit, but after that I put my hand just infront of her and asked her to wait when we neared the end and was much better!

She is improving on her weave too :)

But her best bit was the tunnel! Lol but at that end there was some spilled treats and some horse poo (its in an indoor arena) so most of the dogs got a bit distracted. There were 9 obstacles seperated into 3's... so it was jump, tunnel, jump. turn to the right, jump, long jump, jump, turn to the left, jump, tunnel, jump. She only got one clear round because someone parked there van outside with a constant barking gsd in it and she was upset by this dog she couldnt see (she wasn't bothered by the barking lab in the arena, Lol).

Anyway we had a fab time, both knackered, but can't wait until next week. I hope we get put in a group with the bigger dogs as we had a terrier who the owner couln't get him back when he decided to bugger off (he dissapeared out the door at one point!) and a collie who had a go at the poodle (who wasn't in our group).

2. pamela Renfrew

pamela Renfrew PetForums Senior

Hi there.... sounds like you had fun..... I presume that this wasnt your first time at agility as you seem to have covered an awful lot on the first night ??????? I am starting agility in a couple of weeks ..... I have been told it will be an intense 10 weeks but wow you did alot tonight !! x

3. hazel pritchard

hazel pritchard PetForums VIP

Glad you had a good time tonight, ive not long got in from a training session, it was great tonight , Jack did really well , he loves it.

4. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

We had a taster class a few weeks ago and had a go at everything that we covered tonight.

This is an intense 6 week course, if we pass then we join the proper agility group, the stewartry runners and will compete at competitions and do displays like at the stewartry show :eek: :lol:

5. Tigerneko

Tigerneko PetForums VIP

Sounds like you had fun, I'd love to join a display team :)

6. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

I will hopefully get some pics next week :)

I need to get fitter and get a new sports bra before I can even think about doing any display team stuff! haha :lol: :lol:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice