Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

We Love Rotties

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by rottpal, Jan 4, 2008.

1. rottpal

rottpal PetForums Newbie

Hi all,

Im a newbie and would like all rottie lovers to chat with me.

Ive heard enough of all the bad publicity about this breed.

Come on all of you and give this breed some better feed back please.

SUE

2. colliemerles

colliemerles PetForums VIP

hello and welcome to the forum,,,,,,,, i have never owned one so cant comment on them,,, but im sure some of our members have them,, come and join in the chat ,,,,,

3. Magik

Magik Guest

Hi and welcome.. love rotties, shame about the bad press recently. I own an american Bulldog which has also had some bad press... but true dog lovers know that these breeds are not to blame!! it's all about bad ownership!

4. Nice to have you here, Rottpal!

5. rottpal

rottpal PetForums Newbie

Thanks a bunch for the quick feedback. I hope i get a lot more. I have owned rotties all my life and much as these tragedies keep happening with this breed we have got to keep positive about the other side of these beloved rotties.

6. Vixie

Vixie PetForums VIP

hello and welcome, the rotties that I know are lovely great big softies,they have reat owners which helps :)

7. rottpal

rottpal PetForums Newbie

Thanks for the feedback. Fed up of all the bad talk of this breed. Lets hear the good side of them for a change like all 6 of my rotties ive had.

8. jan-c

jan-c Guest

Hi Sue and welcome to the forum, another Rottie lover here:) Owned them for over 30 years. Lost my last old girl at eleven and a half in Sept:(
    All had the most fantastic temprements and I had 9 of them at one point!

9. Debbie

Debbie PetForums VIP

Hello and welcome to the forum - I have never owned a Rott but do love them - all this bad press is unessersary - they should look to the owners!!!!

10. kelly

kelly PetForums Member

welcome,

we have a rottie cross and he's a fab dog! hate the bad press as others has said it's the owners not the dog!!
    :)

11. rottpal

rottpal PetForums Newbie

Hi Debbie,

Thanks for your feedback.

If more respectable owners were in charge of this breed i am sure there would not be so much bother with them.

I have owned 6 rotties now and i can honestly say i have not had one complaint or harrassment from anyone about my dogs.

SUE

12. Eolabeo

Eolabeo Guest

Hey and welcome.

13. vikki

vikki PetForums Junior

hi i was reading your post about the bad feedback on rotties. i've never had one but some of my friends have rotties and they all seem to have dogey teperments. maybe it's a ccertain line in them? but recently my neighbours rottie came out of the front garden and was just growling at me and my husband by our car. we were absolutley terrified! but then again my other friend a two rotties and has 2 young children the female is very friendly but the male is a bit funny. i think it's the people that have them like the young lads that buy them to walk around the town looking hard and muzzle them and say don't come near him etc. i think it's them who teat them badly and giv them a bad name. i'm sorry but i would never trust this breed and think rottie owners should be very careful with them around children as i've never met a friendly rottie yet.

14. Lisa M

Lisa M PetForums Member

I totally agree with your point about the young lads and how they bring them up.
    I do think all dog owners should be careful around children. That doesnt mean i think all dogs are a danger though, I'd just never leave any dog alone with a child. My brother has a rottie and he is very gentle and lovely natured. I have never seen a bad side to him yet. I firmly believe it is not the breed but how they are brought up and trained, but it never hurts to be careful and sensible.

Attached Files:

15. carol

carol PetForums VIP

firstly hi and welcome
    i like rotties ive know and boarded a lot of them over the years and they are lovely and quite soppy,
    i have more trouble with the small breeds than the big breeds so i try not to have the small breeds board,
    i do have some very lovely small dogs stay but i do tend to try to have the larger dogs.

16. vikki

vikki PetForums Junior

oh yes i agree with the smaller dogs being nasty. my daughter got her face ripped apart just before her first birthday when she was staying at her nan and grandad's by a fox terrier. she is 4 now and still bears the scars, i hate all jack russells, fox terriers and any little type of little snappy yappy terrier. i think staffy's are the best with yong children. i had a gorgeous boy named bruno who sadly passed away last year but anyone could do anything with him. he was funny with other dogs but 110% with children. i have 2 german shepherds now and they are big babies but as the saying goes i would never trust either of them 100% with my children

17. rottweiler1

rottweiler1 PetForums Newbie

Hello we have a rottie a 14 month old rescue bitch best dog u can ever ask for she is lovely with my 4 year old it is like having 2 daughters to look after.

18. PatioDogDoors

PatioDogDoors PetForums Member

hi and welcome to the forum. i never had a rottie but i hope to own someday.

19. vikki

vikki PetForums Junior

i find it a bit odd that a rescue centre that knows nothing about their dogs would let a rottie go to someone with a 4 year old child? the rescue centres where i live arn't aloud to do that.

20. rottpal

rottpal PetForums Newbie

Hi.
    "ROTTIES 4 EVER

SUE

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice