Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

We have been offered....

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by PoisonGirl, Jul 13, 2009.

1. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

To possibly move to our landlords other house.

We want to go see it before we start making any decisions but I think it sounds ideal. My oh is not so keen.

Good points about the other house-
    -The rent is the same, it's the same number of bedrooms.
    -It has no neighbours, just a farm up the hill.
    -It has its own field
    -It has an 'outhouse' where a dog run could be attached- which would be ideal I could get a part time job and not worry bout how long the dogs are left because they will have outside acces to toilet.
    -It is only 5miles further away from town than we are now.

Where we are now I am having difficulty exercising the dogs while oh is at work, because all the fields are in use and my son won't walk far enough to let the dogs off. If we had our own field, I could just stock up with tennis balls and Dixie would run all day. It would mean the dogs would not be in the garden, so the lawn would not get ruined or pooped on.

Here we feel quite looked over by our landlords as they are next door. It kinda feels like having and extra mum. We feel like we are doing things because they would want us to, obviously I do clean up after the dogs, but some days I don't if it is raining or whatever, but it never gets bad, but she complains to her son who tells us.
    Sometimes we have friends over and feel like we need to call it a night early because the next door but one is elderly and not well.
    I hate people looking in my front window, it looks out onto the pavement and if the blinds are shut its rel dark.

What do you think? I think we are going to look at it next week and see what the inside's like but I have seen it from the outside and it looks nicer than here. lol

x

2. thedogsmother

thedogsmother PetForums VIP

Won't you miss Bullseye? You need to write a list of reasons for and against moving then see which list wins, I would jump at the chance to have no neighbors though.

3. Ducky

Ducky PetForums VIP

sounds like a pretty good place for the dogs. you might as well go and have a look anyway then you can decide the pros and cons.

4. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

I would miss Bullseye- BUT- The house also has a garage, which is where next door are doing up their morris minor. So the son can come out every sunday with his dad and bring the dog to play :) Forgot to add that bit :)

I will not miss having a shop or a pub because I very seldom use them. It would just mean we would have to be more organised about shopping.

It is also that little bit closer to my mum and gran.

x

5. LostGirl

LostGirl PetForums VIP

i'd be packing my bags and moving in now if it was me :)

Is it close to any schools im not sure how old your son is but you will need to find about it for when he goes and if you dont drive whicg bus or walking route you will take and how long!x

6. ColliePower

ColliePower PetForums Senior

It sounds like you dont need convincing hun, it seems you're moving in, in your head already!

It sounds fab!!!!!!!!! id jump at it!

7. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

Because it's only 5 iles futher my son can still go to the school my half brother goes to. There is a village school closed but it's tiny and I'd rather he was at a bigger school, having gone to a tiny school myself I don't think I benefited from it.

And I will be learning to drive this year too :)

x

8. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

Go for it sounds great :)

9. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

I just have to convince my OH, he's not sure.
    Once we have seen it properly and I am sure then I will just tell him if he want's me to be happy he better agree. Lol!

Plus- and I'm not bringing this subject up with him again yet (until I am sure) if I am getting the deaf dog, she will be happier having a field to run in.

x

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice