Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

we have 3 snails and they are in 3 single tanks

Discussion in 'Insects , Snails and other exotic pets' started by vicky10, Jul 18, 2009.

1. vicky10

vicky10 PetForums Member

but they do not seem to be very active is this normal?? or do they need to be with other snails??? I keep them seperated as i dont want eggs and to end up with hundreds of snails!! I told my children that we had to put the eggs in the freezer and then smash them up when frozen and they said " no you cant do that its cruel to unborn snails"
    ( kids are 9 and 12!!) Please help/advice me.:confused:

2. ....zoe....

....zoe.... PetForums VIP

usually snails do live in groups, i would advice putting them back together, if you end up with eggs then just rmove them and throw them in the bin, they will not hatch as it is not warm enough for them, and just do it with out your kids knowing.

iam guessing that these are the giant african land snails, or some other none native species ??

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice